Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it interesting that whenever a horse dies people say racing should be banned but when jockeys die, and plenty of them do no one calls for racing to be banned

No clue that would be you.
I wasn't on it but it was stiff as.
Not sure why you’re having a go at me.

The horse has become a well known Melbourne Cup horse and a favourite of once a year punters to back that wouldn’t have a clue about how anything is going. That’s all I said.

It may be because it's the only track I've found a winner today in WA but this race caller is magnificent. Untapped ability, looks easily city class with a couple lengths improvement maybe stakes grade.

As ridiculous as the nup to the cups are, it certainly isn’t great for racing having a death what seems like every Cup day recently.

Hurts me immensely because it's undeniable. I think everyone knows its these non-acclimatised skinny leg euro's who just don't have the bone hardening runs early in their career, I'm not sure what we can do about it. Water the tracks is the obvious answer but it's not a resolution it's a band-aid. Breeding is only trending towards these superior horses and it always has been to ability not reliability. No one wants reliable slow horses, forever chasing black type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts on the race. Last year the same horse leads and walks and gets run over, this year the same horse leads and goes fast and gets all the hoses behind off the bit and wins. Amazing that. Its a lesson all jockeys should learn but wont. IF you go too slow you give more horses a chance to outsprint you. IF you go at the right pace you can get the rest of the field off the bit and then only 1 or 2 horses can beat you.
Jye Mcneils ride is the best ride i have seen in 35 years of watching the cup closely and i always thought he was ordinary lol There were no excuses for anything else and generally the past few years there have been lots of unlucky horses.

My thoughts on the race. Last year the same horse leads and walks and gets run over, this year the same horse leads and goes fast and gets all the hoses behind off the bit and wins. Amazing that. Its a lesson all jockeys should learn but wont. IF you go too slow you give more horses a chance to outsprint you. IF you go at the right pace you can get the rest of the field off the bit and then only 1 or 2 horses can beat you.
Jye Mcneils ride is the best ride i have seen in 35 years of watching the cup closely and i always thought he was ordinary lol There were no excuses for anything else and generally the past few years there have been lots of unlucky horses.

Yup - Bossy on Sir Dragonet said exactly this - horse had plenty to give but at the 800 was 12 lenghts off the leader and wasted too much energy just to even get back into the race.

Agreed but boss ride on the diva for the 3rd cup is still the best, the pressure and the ability to give it the perfect ride will be hard to top. Mcneils ride was certainly the best front running ride ive seen though.

Agreed but boss ride on the diva for the 3rd cup is still the best, the pressure and the ability to give it the perfect ride will be hard to top. Mcneils ride was certainly the best front running ride ive seen though.

All Bossy's rides on the Diva were out of this world to be honest.

There wasn’t really anything that came from further back than midfield to win all day. Great effort by TP but the track certainly helped its cause.

Gee I had Kissonallforcheeks as the best 2yo filly in WA and comes out runs a PB at first start at 3 as a front running type. Hard to turn down $10 in this race.

Just back the Morton fillies they're class.

Dropped maybe a hunj on the ponies today up and down - mostly breaking the rules and betting on s**t provincials with a skinful. But i took a gorilla off the southern cross club (church club in canberra) on the pokies on the way out the door. So * you catholic church campaigners. That's one G less to spend on defending rock spiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back