Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn't it interesting that whenever a horse dies people say racing should be banned but when jockeys die, and plenty of them do no one calls for racing to be banned
All good mate they'll move on quickly. There's a save the spotted owl protest tomorrow and a BLM Vic chapter meeting on Thursday they have to attend. Then some statues to rip down Friday before rescuing Dolly the dolphin with greenpeace on the weekend.

All good mate they'll move on quickly. There's a save the spotted owl protest tomorrow and a BLM Vic chapter meeting on Thursday they have to attend. Then some statues to rip down Friday before rescuing Dolly the dolphin with greenpeace on the weekend.
s**t way of thinking friend. When horses die racing it's s**t. When horses die racing on the biggest nuffy race watching day it's exponentially worse. 7 out of 8 is not a great look. This needs some real thinking and I'm double figures in but writing it off as "just animal lib folks" is dangerous

sh*t way of thinking friend. When horses die racing it's sh*t. When horses die racing on the biggest nuffy race watching day it's exponentially worse. 7 out of 8 is not a great look. This needs some real thinking and I'm double figures in but writing it off as "just animal lib folks" is dangerous

Got any suggestions?

Thanks to the regulars for a fun ride this year - in particular Paris and Jug for their research and knowledge. Great following this thread throughout the year and a bit unlucky with a good early spot on Tiger Moth so close to paying off. Let’s hope for one better next year. Cheers.

Twilight payment went 50 lengths quicker then last year to the 600 compared to last year and 19 lengths quicker overall absolutely broke their hearts.

Best horse didnt win the race the best ride did.
Almost felt like I was watching some random Sydney meet where the other jockeys forget there's a horse in front that is travelling extremely well. McEvoy on Tiger Moth really the only one who kept up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sh*t way of thinking friend. When horses die racing it's sh*t. When horses die racing on the biggest nuffy race watching day it's exponentially worse. 7 out of 8 is not a great look. This needs some real thinking and I'm double figures in but writing it off as "just animal lib folks" is dangerous
Horse racing is dangerous, injuries will happen. So is motor racing, surfing, rugby league and 50 other sports.

Think of it another way, these horses are better cared for and looked after than 99% of horses in the world. Without horse racing they are not even bred and don't exist.

This s**t happens every year and within a week is gone and the outrage is funneled elsewhere. Happy for you to have your opinion but not sure what options exist, while horse racing continues then horses and jockeys will be injured despite every protocol that's put in place.

Twilight payment went 50 lengths quicker then last year to the 600 compared to last year and 19 lengths quicker overall absolutely broke their hearts.

Wut? The fact he went so quick and still belted half the field suggest the best horse won the race

Horse racing is dangerous, injuries will happen. So is motor racing, surfing, rugby league and 50 other sports.

Think of it another way, these horses are better cared for and looked after than 99% of horses in the world. Without horse racing they are not even bred and don't exist.

This sh*t happens every year and within a week is gone and the outrage is funneled elsewhere. Happy for you to have your opinion but not sure what options exist, while horse racing continues then horses and jockeys will be injured despite every protocol that's put in place.
Well said

Like I said, double figures into my cups. I might put some thoughts together tomorrow. I just think blaming it all on animal libs is dangerous because it's getting pretty mainstream now.

Got any suggestions?

This sh*t happens every year and within a week is gone and the outrage is funneled elsewhere. Happy for you to have your opinion but not sure what options exist, while horse racing continues then horses and jockeys will be injured despite every protocol that's put in place.
There probably isn't a solution to horses dying in the Cup, but it is a bad look when it is happening almost every year now.

Racing has survived a lot but if a European galloper keeps dying every year is it really going to be something the general public and particularly young people will continue to have an interest in?

There probably isn't a solution to horses dying in the Cup, but it is a bad look when it is happening almost every year now.

Racing has survived a lot but if a European galloper keeps dying every year is it really going to be something the general public and particularly young people will continue to have an interest in?

Got any suggestions?

Best horse on THE DAY won

Get over yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back