Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything continues to fall into place for that mare. Would have to be one of the luckiest horses in recent memory. Half a kilo only... really?!

See above comment - probably not even the best run in the race - has beaten a camel TCO only a length - and is way up in the weights already by mares standard. How much did you want here to get?

But yes she has definitely fluked her way to 6 G1 victories. What a luckbox.

See above comment - probably not even the best run in the race - has beaten a camel TCO only a length - and is way up in the weights already by mares standard. How much did you want here to get?

But yes she has definitely fluked her way to 6 G1 victories. What a luckbox.
A kilo at least.

Steele Prince tackling the Geelong Cup on Wednesday to get in the field.......

Doubt it can win but at least get into the ******* field ya Cat and give me some sort of a hope i suppose!

Steele Prince tackling the Geelong Cup on Wednesday to get in the field.......

Doubt it can win but at least get into the ******* field ya Cat and give me some sort of a hope i suppose!

Will be cheering him on for you mate - seems to be in cracking form and deserves a spot over some of the local dross that will line up.

Will be cheering him on for you mate - seems to be in cracking form and deserves a spot over some of the local dross that will line up.
Seems to be good odds as well and took him now with a powered amount and he can easily beat this field at Geelong IMO.

The prince.JPG

PARIS POWER RANKINGS - CLASS RISES

A nice shake up this week after the Caulfield Cup and with Santiago dusting a host of antepost tickets to take a rest.

1 - TIGER MOTH (LW #1, $6.4) - Main rival injured sees this guy firm another point on Betfair. Approaching 5/1 with many on at $50s - so surely can't win.
2 - ANTHONY VAN DYCK (LW 5, $11.5) - Biggest certainty beat in a CC since Veandercross. Carrying the weight at Flemington plus the two miles the obvious query but might not have to beat much in a weak year.
3 - VERRY ELLEEGANT (LW #7, $15.5) - Big climber in the rankings after a brilliant CC win - hard to see her holding off AVD at Flemington with the penalty and if they both get fair runs. Still races erratically which could cost her to a greater degree over the two miles.
4 - RUSSIAN CAMELOT (LW #2, $12) - Get's his chance to jump back over the CC runners with a big Cox Plate performance on Saturday
5 - SURPRISE BABY (LW #4, Betfair $11.5) - Continues to edge out on Betfair as classier runners show they are in form.
6 - SIR DRAGONET (LW #6, $50) - Big betfair drifter the last couple of weeks - obvious stamina concerns but at least we will get to see how he has acclimatized on Saturday.
7 - FINCHE (LW #8, $21) - Raced wide, loomed as the winner, failed to place in Caulfield Cup. Will do the same at Flemington. If you put win money on this horse at Caulfield or do so at Flemington you are a dead set moron.
8 - PRINCE OF ARRAN (LW #9, $15) - Have never seen bigger poi poi in the history of the race than this bloke at $15. Great run at Caulfield but see Finche for those considering a win bet.
9 - NICKAJACK CAVE (LW u/r, $50) - Last two spots will go to whoever performs at Geelong/MV Cup - just throwing in the UK gallopers as I obviously hate all the French from.
10 - LE DON DE VIE (LW u/r, $85) - See Nickajack Cave.

There must be some real donkeys running if you don’t rate anything outside your top 6.

There must be some real donkeys running if you don’t rate anything outside your top 6.

Yup - same as the CC - looks like an extremely weak renewal.

POA and Finche are $15 and $21!!!!!! That's all you need to know

A kilo at least.

You're about 3months late to this conversation her base is so low for her actual performance the penalty was always going to be that sort of range, I gave her 58kg 3 months ago in the all australian version OP. Horrifically underweightedfrom the start and proved it on the weekend when AVD (actually well weighted for 121) only one near her I just don't understand how you can win all those G1s and G1 placed behind ******* ADDEYBB who's now not far off winning 2 champion stakes and expect to rock up with below max. Look i still didn't find her but yeah they are so generous to her and it started ages ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Verema. I was on

As was I - bit rich to say she was travelling through - broke down with 2000 to go and was so far back she wasn't even in the TV footage and Greg Miles missed her completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back