Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do people read into the Vet inspections of Oceanex and Warning or horses in general. My initial thought is to just scratch them from any calculations. I understand that a lot of people wouldn't even consider them anyway (before vet checks) based on personal thoughts of the race. But say if that was a horse that you liked to finish in the top 3 - 8 horses. I just got burnt a few years ago with Cross Counter who I slipped down the order based on the trouble it was reported by the media as having a week or two or so out from the race. This instance is a bit closer to jump time. The trainers of Oceanex and Warning are all like nothing to see here and the horse is fine. But when they are talking about minor heel issue, foot issues, lameness in the legs, abscess that has since burst 4 days out from the race it just makes me think, nup - pen through it. Running at 110% over 3200m are horses pretty good at just getting on with it. Sorry can't speak horse so can't ask them. Just thinking out loud here.....

How much do people read into the Vet inspections of Oceanex and Warning or horses in general. My initial thought is to just scratch them from any calculations. I understand that a lot of people wouldn't even consider them anyway (before vet checks) based on personal thoughts of the race. But say if that was a horse that you liked to finish in the top 3 - 8 horses. I just got burnt a few years ago with Cross Counter who I slipped down the order based on the trouble it was reported by the media as having a week or two or so out from the race. This instance is a bit closer to jump time. The trainers of Oceanex and Warning are all like nothing to see here and the horse is fine. But when they are talking about minor heel issue, foot issues, lameness in the legs, abscess that has since burst 4 days out from the race it just makes me think, nup - pen through it. Running at 110% over 3200m are horses pretty good at just getting on with it. Sorry can't speak horse so can't ask them. Just thinking out loud here.....

Nil. Unless previous concerns.

Annual PSA that if you have positions in the Betfair antepost market that you want to square up or trade out of you need to do so before the field goes final tomorrow at 4:30pm. The positions won't transfer over to the final field market and the antepost market will be frozen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oceanex passed fit to run....sadly

Deserves it's spot, good story and deserves her chance to race for top 10 prizemoney. Almost certainly won't finish last great thrill for what is mainly small time owners.

Better her than what i can see as no strong chances outside the 24. They cannot be all superstars.

Of course Steel Prince draws a barrier starting with a ******* 2 while all these other cats with no chance are getting inside the number 10 draws.

FFS and he is cursed with barrier draws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back