Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 – FUTURE SCORE (15)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Promenade a chance to sneak in if less internationals
Won well on Saturday over the 2600m

Won his last two just as easily as Incentivise against equal quality or horse (if not better)

The internationals are having a whinge but they will still come out. They said no internationals would come out last year as well. The money is too good and the Southern Hemisphere horses are weak

Normally by July there are strong indications of interest from numerous trainers. All I can recall from an international trainer so far is Charlie Appleby suggesting Kemari will be considered.

Other than that we’ve had Nick Williams tell us the tests won’t change a thing and it’s business as usual, only to contradict himself (again) a couple of weeks later by saying he doesn’t think we’ll have any international runners. I take that to mean we will have international runners owned by Team Williams.

Terry Henderson has said they’ll bring a few OTI horses out but they don’t seem to be up to the mark. Having said that True Self at $101/$26 for the Caulfield Cup seems a bit reckless, she’s been in good form.

Despite his criticism of the tests, I expect Charlie Fellowes will bring Prince of Arran. What else is he going to train him for - the prizemoney at Kempton aint great.

The most likely source of European runners will be those bought in the next couple of months by Australian owners. Those owners will know that, even if they’re not allowed to race in the Cup, there’s still a good chance of a return in Australia.

No doubt the VRC are desperately trying to assure international trainers that the tests are no big deal.

$15 is insanity. The 30s was towards the low end of being value

It’s hard to hold up 30s when you have two winter handicappers and prince of arran as the top three in the markets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13s is complete poison at this stage. If you're not on already then may as well wait until the day and it SPs no shorter than that

Could easily SP shorter than this if nothing else came out for example but if you didn't take the 30s as advised its utter poison like the rest of the faves now

Its still 23/34 on betfair so $13 is utterly heinous like all the faves are on the plastics

I was very hopeful this would come over two years ago. How do you like its chances at the $34 quote available considering the possible likelihood of fewer internationals this year?

Can't see it starting that price if it lines up on the day - whether it can win or not I don't know - bit of a Trip to Paris style plodder for mine.

Going to be the worst rendition of the Cup for quite some time. How can the VRC be so incompetent?

We will also have to put up with your average nuffy punter telling us 'This is how the Cup should be' and 'Every Aussie battler should be able to breed a backyard horse with a camel and have a chance of winning the great race.'

Back