• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

HeathComeBack

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s how he races best. He had his chance. He should’ve got a bigger penalty from the CC. He met the mare at level weights and got flogged.

How about credit where credit’s due. It’s nonsense to suggest he would’ve beaten her. She’s the superior stayer and a champion. He’s a great horse too but not as good at 2 miles.
i am giving her big credit i didnt think she could do that. But he was given a 6 length disadvantage. He races that way because he is lengths better than most. He destroyed her 2 starts ago though and i would back him to beat her every single time they meet

Bombers32

Debutant
Sep 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Got too far back as we pointed out repeatedly in this thread. Settled much closer this year.
Great chat and info in the lead up. Great thread, love it every year. I was wrong. I said I’d happily be a loser on the day to see her win but didn’t think she could. Outstanding mare, wonderful training effort.

Kudos to you ILP for being bullish on her chances from day dot.

99 Problems

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
They said she’s beat nothing. Never won by a margin. Just a mudder. They shouldn’t even run her. Well she’s just absolutely belted them carrying 57 in a Melbourne Cup going away from them through the line on a genuine firm track.

The one thing they got right is she’s not a champion. She’s an absolute legend.

Stevi_Tigers

TheBrownDog
Mar 2, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
Thats what I couldn't understand with Prebble. When they came past the post the first time out he could have tucked Incentivise in along the fence 3 back or one out one back with cover. Instead, he sprints around them to the front. Confusing.
That’s how the horse has been ridden basically every Victorian start

All honours the winner

Gavin Excell

Hall of Famer
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
They said she’s beat nothing. Never won by a margin. Just a mudder. They shouldn’t even run her. Well she’s just absolutely belted them carrying 57 in a Melbourne Cup going away from them through the line on a genuine firm track.

The one thing they got right is she’s not a champion. She’s an absolute legend.
Yep brilliant turn of foot last 300m
I thought her best was behind her but she gapped them.

The 2 she beat are very good horses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veer Right

Club Legend
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great finish to the day!

btw, the fk is Brent Zaraffa on saying Quantico was disadvantaged by gate one, i would of thought it was the perfect draw from what i have seen today.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great chat and info in the lead up. Great thread, love it every year. I was wrong. I said I’d happily be a loser on the day to see her win but didn’t think she could. Outstanding mare, wonderful training effort.

Kudos to you ILP for being bullish on her chances from day dot.
lol. optimistic interpretation.

Ah12

All Australian
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The $29’s about VE after the CC still makes for a good profit but Incentivise is far from done. Weight for age at his mercy, handicappers will murder him. Overseas?

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
i must have missed VE being tipped up for the cup all through this prep.

carry on.
Entered the inaugural power rankings at #3 In August and from memory never left the top 3. Spent most of the spring as the second top pick.

99P was also all over it when it was obvious no raiders where coming.

Gavin Excell

Hall of Famer
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Entered the inaugural power rankings at #3 In August and from memory never left the top 3. Spent most of the spring as the second top pick.

Beat me to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad