Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Being back on course today was outstanding, but even more so was that display by Verry Elleegant. Could not have had her in a million years going into the race, however she truly proved her greatness today. Her turn of foot when asked at the top of the straight, reserved for so few… Prepared to call it a ‘where were you when moment’ . My first reaction was to stand up and applaud, forget the bloody punt.

shame, sounds like it would have made your day.
No, it would have ruined my day.

It's actually made my day that a horse hasn't had to die so that people can gamble, get blind drunk, dress up, spew and otherwise embarrass themselves.

But, as I said, the racing industry will be resuming normal services soon.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No, it would have ruined my day.

It's actually made my day that a horse hasn't had to die so that people can gamble, get blind drunk, dress up, spew and otherwise embarrass themselves.

But, as I said, the racing industry will be resuming normal services soon.

take it to srp.

no one wants to hear anti-racing bs here.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Being back on course today was outstanding, but even more so was that display by Verry Elleegant. Could not have had her in a million years going into the race, however she truly proved her greatness today. Her turn of foot when asked at the top of the straight, reserved for so few… Prepared to call it a ‘where were you when moment’ . My first reaction was to stand up and applaud, forget the bloody punt.

I stood there stunned just saying "she's a beast" to myself.

great cup, great mare.

nah I enjoy the once a year blow ins getting torn to shreds in here. Only rule should be no drive by flogs. Once you post got to stick around and cop what you’re due
I'm happy to stick around and see the likes of you support and defend whips, tongue ties, industry "wastage" being sent to the knackery to be shot, an average of 2 horses a week dying on Australian racecourses (and who knows how many dying in track work), etc.

Just so you can have a bet.

Go on, defend it.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, nothing like being the life of the party celebrating horses dying so you can get your jollies placing a bet, hey?

Open invite to come along and see the workings inside the industry, many would be happy to show you the lengths they go for safety but i'm sure it's comfier from afar and behind the keyboard.

Open invite to come along and see the workings inside the industry, many would be happy to show you the lengths they go for safety but i'm sure it's comfier from afar and behind the keyboard.
How do those safety practices apply to the horses that get sent off to be turned into pet food?

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How do those safety practices apply to the horses that get sent off to be turned into pet food?

I am not going into and endless debate about this, It is on the level of anti-vaxx propaganda with amount of mis-information. Those inside the industry know the lengths they go to for safety and the love of the animal.

If you are open to actually understanding anything you just said, I mean tongue ties, really. It's a dead giveaway you've barely got much comprehension. Ask people in industry they would mostly be happy to show you around.

I trust you are against all pets eating meat products then?
You are clearly not against the racing industry sending horses off to be shot, that's all I needed to be confirmed.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just looked at the overall time. Only 1 and a bit second outside the track record which they rarely get near. Explains the margins, so many horses had their hearts broken and both the winner and 2nd horse both went huge. Makes Incentivise's run even bigger in my opinion. We finally have a couple of horses that would be competitve in an overseas race. Lets hope they try instead of squib it.

1635857620889.jpeg

Ah12

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just looked at the overall time. Only 1 and a bit second outside the track record which they rarely get near. Explains the margins, so many horses had their hearts broken and both the winner and 2nd horse both went huge. Makes Incentivise's run even bigger in my opinion. We finally have a couple of horses that would be competitve in an overseas race. Lets hope they try instead of squib it.
Take him overseas. With a good jock that finds cover over 2400m he will take it to anything. Please have some balls connections.

The sad thing is that in reality they wouldn't be competitive - let's not forget the winner got rolled by a G3 overseas horse last time out. But happy to help perpetuate the myth otherwise for more raider fill ups next spring too.

Look forward to all the ratings fappers coming out now though and saying she put in an Arc type performance when she wasn't even a champion this time yesterday.

Last edited:

AvantG

Draftee
Nov 3, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
What a Champion mare.

Thumbs up to the guy who said she was better than Flit and Avilius and that she was up to G1 Standard years ago.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The sad thing is that in reality they wouldn't be competitive - let's not forget the winner got rolled by a G3 overseas horse last time out. But happy to help perpetuate the myth otherwise for more raider fill ups next spring too.

Look forward to all the ratings fappers coming out now though and saying she put in an Arc type performance when she wasn't even a champion this time yesterday.
Usually i would agree with you, but the 2 in front blew the field away even with the weights they had. Now they have done it and i would have no problems backing them against good horses. Yes the field was terrible, but the 1st four destroyed the rest of the field. She settled because there was pace instead of her usual pulling and look what she did.

Back