• 19 – SHE’S IDEEL (20)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 – FUTURE SCORE (15)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At least he was right about this

To bad if you followed his earlier advice and steamed into him in the Turnbull all in I guess.

Jug and I were saying after the last run it was pretty obvious he would go Herbert Power as he needed to win to get into anything despite the crap old mate was spewing.

What's two weeks quarantine with the money he'd have earned racing the whole spring in Melbourne without Kah/Zahra/Melham.
The Wizard is keen as,it's because of McGowan and his shithouse WA hard border.
"At the moment it's very difficult,WA is just not accepting anyone back from (Victoria) and it doesn't matter if you're vaccinated or not",Pike said,adding that he was prepared to do 14 days quarrantine.

I think you have Pike wrong way around if you think he's chasing money.

He's very happy being left alone with the kids at home.

Once in a lifetime opportunity at winning one of the big races with no Sydney jocks / suspended jocks. I didn't realise WA weren't letting in people even if they quarantine though, that is a killer.

Away He Goes down to 15s with most books a bizarre go

Up there with Cormorant getting backed into $21 as money that will be completely wasted - couldn't win if he started today

A few of the better judges tipping Sheraz in the Bart tomorrow. Currently too far down the OOE to make the Cup field at present, but a win would give him exemption. Lightly raced French horse that looks every bit a stayer.

Shocking unders at $26. If he wins tomorrow my guess is he starts somewhere around $10 on the day. If you like him, the better option looks to be backing him to win tomorrow with a view to rolling the winnings into a Cup bet.

Obviously this post isn’t intended for Paris given his well-publicised views on French horses.

A few of the better judges tipping Sheraz in the Bart tomorrow. Currently too far down the OOE to make the Cup field at present, but a win would give him exemption. Lightly raced French horse that looks every bit a stayer.

Shocking unders at $26. If he wins tomorrow my guess is he starts somewhere around $10 on the day. If you like him, the better option looks to be backing him to win tomorrow with a view to rolling the winnings into a Cup bet.

Obviously this post isn’t intended for Paris given his well-publicised views on French horses.

Looks rock bottom odds tomorrow for me off very low quality French listed races which have just not stood up here for years. Also has that concerning French profile of generally racing in small fields. No shock he is being tipped/backed as he is a foreign horse with no terrible Australian form (yet) and is the exact type those who know nothing about international form will find. As such is the exact type that is always over bet and you should be opposing. Looks close to the lay of the day - especially if they come for him any further. I mean if you want to back a french slowie why wouldn't you just Port G who actually raced in decent French races and is treble the price?

I disagree on the second part though and would back him for the Melbourne Cup now if you are backing him tomorrow (which you shouldn't) - he will start shorter than $10 with the import hype and no weight if he wins tomorrow.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont mind a Frenchie but this guy is dead set 3000m horse and brings in lesser form than San Huberto and we have a pretty good idea of where he sits out here. He will be a lot better suited at 2 miles so if he did happen to win then he has to be around that top 5 mark i guess but im not overly keen on him this weekend

Port G had more ability too but that horse has major troubles between the ears so harder to draw a line

Looks rock bottom odds tomorrow for me off very low quality French listed races which have just not stood up here for years. Also has that concerning French profile of generally racing in small fields. No shock he is being tipped/backed as he is a foreign horse with no terrible Australian form (yet) and is the exact type those who know nothing about international form will find. As such is the exact type that is always over bet and you should be opposing. Looks close to the lay of the day - especially if they come for him any further. I mean if you want to back a french slowie why wouldn't you just Port G who actually raced in decent French races and is treble the price?

I disagree on the second part though and would back him for the Melbourne Cup now if you are backing him tomorrow (which you shouldn't) - he will start shorter than $10 with the import hype and no weight if he wins tomorrow.
He’s an impressive animal - wait until you see him the ring tomorrow. He’ll be shorter by the jump tomorrow.

He’s an impressive animal - wait until you see him the ring tomorrow. He’ll be shorter by the jump tomorrow.

He could look like Rocket Racer and i wouldn’t touch him. I expect him to be backed because this is the exact type of import local analysts steam into and lose their money on all the time

He could look like Rocket Racer and i wouldn’t touch him. I expect him to be backed because this is the exact type of import local analysts steam into and lose their money on all the time
I think the Cup winner is running in this race tomorrow.
I agree people fall into the internationals for the Cup and probably rightfully so - they’ve pretty much owned the race since 2010.
Makes sense then I would reckon to assess the overseas form favourably in one of the key lead ups. And let’s face it, they are mostly internationally bred.
In context, Grand Promenade is the favourite- good horse but can you see it wining the Cup?

“I tell ya what I’m going to have something on this import”
FA845F7C-060C-45EC-AD49-59D923A74F45.jpeg

I think the Cup winner is running in this race tomorrow.
I agree people fall into the internationals for the Cup and probably rightfully so - they’ve pretty much owned the race since 2010.
Makes sense then I would reckon to assess the overseas form favourably in one of the key lead ups. And let’s face it, they are mostly internationally bred.
In context, Grand Promenade is the favourite- good horse but can you see it wining the Cup?
The cup winner is either in the Turnbull or still in UK quarantine my friend

The cup winner is either in the Turnbull or still in UK quarantine my friend
Disagree. This year’s overseas runners are going to be on limited prep and not of quality of previous years.
The Turnbull is a good field - bit those from that race that are most likely to run all of the 2 miles don’t have the quality to win the cup.

Disagree. This year’s overseas runners are going to be on limited prep and not of quality of previous years.
The Turnbull is a good field - bit those from that race that are most likely to run all of the 2 miles don’t have the quality to win the cup.
Each to thier own opinion. That’s what’s great about racing
See I think Spanish Mission, if he makes a true staying test he’s too good
If he takes its right up to Stradivarius then what’s he going to do to the dross here

SM will have no say in what sort of staying test it is though, he will be out the back having no say in the tempo
Still if he gets on his bike at the 600m works through his gears coasting he’ll have them off the bit at the clock tower

Surely Lloyd serves up the same “race shape” as last year. Otherwise why bring Twilight Payment out here? And if that happens the race won’t be won by a sit/sprint merchant.

Apparently Spanish Mission came home in 33.5 in his battle with Strad, so he may not be a total old school Euro stayer.

Limited prep? They alll win it first up!!

VE and Sir D ran out the 2 miles perfectly last year and can do so again this year. The Bart Cummings is for the C graders. That’s why they need to win to get into the field.

Back