Melbourne Cup 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi y'all and especially 4 legged friends.

The Cup is almost upon us.
Tell us your top 3 picks.
Closest to pin wins forum thread glory and some delicious pretend sugar cubes and carrots. Yum!

1. Deauville Legend ( yep I got in on the 100 to 1 odds fanks newscorp.

2. Realm of Flowers

3. Vow and Declare. ( you never know...miggt do it again)

Listen you lovable dunderheads.
I started a Melbourne Cup thread for those who don't want to go to the more serious racing threads.
So go ahead and post your race predictions.
Or not.
Happy Cup Day.

Many of us don’t often venture into the Blue Room mate. Fair to say your tips are spot on this time. The big rider being the favourite is susceptible to a mounting yard meltdown and is facing a massive occasion. Anyone wanting to put “real money” on would be best served to watch until they go on to the track at very least.

His form as a northern hemisphere 3yo is superior Cross Counter and Rekindled recent winners and little doubt this is the weakest cup for a long time. Realm of Flowers seems primed for a big effort with no weight so a genuine chance.

Hi y'all and especially 4 legged friends.

The Cup is almost upon us.
Tell us your top 3 picks.
Closest to pin wins forum thread glory and some delicious pretend sugar cubes and carrots. Yum!

1. Deauville Legend ( yep I got in on the 100 to 1 odds fanks newscorp.

2. Realm of Flowers

3. Vow and Declare. ( you never know...miggt do it again)
Can sheep enter - this not the race. I want some of your paddock grass and I’ll take the sugar, stick your carrots. Nice odds on the fav, hope it gets up for ya, but I reckon it’ll get swamped literally.

1. Realm of Flowers (If it rains, she’ll run them all down)

2. Montefilia

3. Vow and Declare (Won me a lot so I owe it)

Listen you lovable dunderheads.
I started a Melbourne Cup thread for those who don't want to go to the more serious racing threads.
So go ahead and post your race predictions.
Or not.
Happy Cup Day.
The hoss is up and about. I’m no dunderhead I’m a merino who goes by the nickname Shaun. I’m in. Looks like the 24 has some fans.

I like your thinking Sheepy.
Meet you for some fine grazing in paddock 3 a bit later.
...I'd love to see The Legend gallop away by a few lengths at the end.
But, the weather and weight. Unknown ability over the cup length too.
Gulp.

I like your thinking Sheepy.
Meet you for some fine grazing in paddock 3 a bit later.
...I'd love to see The Legend gallop away by a few lengths at the end.
But, the weather and weight. Unknown ability over the cup length too.
Gulp.
Interesting day. Coona is all over it. Sounds like a Pro. Rain brings the unknown. Funny how it’s the biggest race but the worst card. You entering Fashions on the Forum???

Interesting day. Coona is all over it. Sounds like a Pro. Rain brings the unknown. Funny how it’s the biggest race but the worst card. You entering Fashions on the Forum?
It's in the bag Sheepy. Practicing my acceptance speech.
images.jpeg-18.jpg

My only winning day at the races was Melbourne Cup many years ago. Work colleagues did a fund-raising thing in the carpark. Stood in a rectangle and had champers all day. Funny. Trips to the bookies were fruitful. Paid for an expensive day out.

F9r the names
Arapaho
Hoo Ya Ma
Without a fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much of a punter so if anyone has some advice it'd be greatly appreciated.

Is it better to place $10 each on ROF and Montefilia, or $5 on both of them plus Gold Trip and WAF?

Not much of a punter so if anyone has some advice it'd be greatly appreciated.

Is it better to place $10 each on ROF and Montefilia, or $5 on both of them plus Gold Trip and WAF?
Nfa. But best of luck Ash!

You lied to me. I looked at the field 5 minutes before the race and none of them were in it.
May your hay be mushy...

Anyway, had three bets before the start. All place bets. Looks like I came out in front.

The bride told me she liked the look of Gold Trip in the mounting yard so I put a tenna on it. Thanks love.

Just for those with some idea. The horse than won the second, moved up from 2000 to 2800, won by a street and still had plenty. Next years Cup Winner. White Marlin. Get on It.

The bride told me she liked the look of Gold Trip in the mounting yard so I put a tenna on it. Thanks love.
Nice. I only put $5 on a place because I liked the name Gold Trip and had some vague feeling when I was a grasshopper that some horse in past with Gold in the name had won the race. Black and Gold maybe. I had $5 on Stockman and Realm of Flowers too but half way through the race sounded like all three of them were in the back of the field.

Nice. I only put $5 on a place because I liked the name Gold Trip and had some vague feeling when I was a grasshopper that some horse in past with Gold in the name had won the race. Black and Gold maybe. I had $5 on Stockman and Realm of Flowers too but half way through the race sounded like all three of them were in the back of the field.
Yep, Gold and Black, infamously beat a horse everyone loved called Reckless in the Cup. It was a Bart Cummings horse. Came runner-up the year before I think. Late 70’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back