Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_GUNstall19

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
had 20$ on criterion for the win and gust of wind $15 each way. Criterion ran a great race but never looked like the winner for me. I was however shattered about gust of wind, she absolutely flew home and if it wasn't for that mut dettori knocking her aside she would have easily placed maybe even won it.

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
Obviously the quality has dropped right off in the last compared to the eight but not a bad race to finish with.

Ended up with Tarquinn Shadow, a resuming stayer who probably will do her best work in a few runs time, however does have some decent fresh form and did trial well recently. Think the soft track suits as well.

The other one who I think is the real value runner is Ellie's Grey. Like, I know, it's one 2 races in 36 but this isn't very strong, gets in with 54, has Whitting on board and gets out to the distance where she has done some decent work.

No doubt she was quite poor second up, but she always is and think we could see a stark improvement in this.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Do you guys have any tips for getting over days like today? Is cocaine good?

With your username, surely you should have some idea

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Putting the punt aside its a great story. Darren Weir old school Aussie from.central casting and then story with Michelle Payne and rich family ballarat horse history. This line up beating sheiks and European landed money.
Weir, old school facade but using very new school methods. PoP done nothing before today and you'll find will do nothing ever again. Reminds me of Rogan Josh, somehow they just came good on the day. Boggles the mind how this thing was able to do that just at the right time. I'm guessing there'll be some properties down Ballarat that will have some thorough inspections in the next day.

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
Obviously the quality has dropped right off in the last compared to the eight but not a bad race to finish with.

Ended up with Tarquinn Shadow, a resuming stayer who probably will do her best work in a few runs time, however does have some decent fresh form and did trial well recently. Think the soft track suits as well.

The other one who I think is the real value runner is Ellie's Grey. Like, I know, it's one 2 races in 36 but this isn't very strong, gets in with 54, has Whitting on board and gets out to the distance where she has done some decent work.

No doubt she was quite poor second up, but she always is and think we could see a stark improvement in this.

*, massive effort by Ellie's Grey - absolutely posted the whole race and still was closing at the end.

Nice win by Tarquinn, got out to nice odds as well.

Nice way to finish off the day with two solid pick ups.

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
Hope EG got in for third to add some value into the tri.

Got there!

$6.10 winner. Was e/w on Ellies Grey and a good chunk that $1k~ tri.

There's my bank for Kyneton, if I get time to have a look - and of course, Oaks day.

Came into work today for a few hours, ended up hanging around and just working in between Flemington then Ascot races.

2.8 penalty rates and a few winners, well worth it ;)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Poor bloke who cashed out his multi for $400 with his last leg Prince of Penzance...

Cheezus

How much would he have won?

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

HomerSimpson16.gif

Did anybody in the entire country give that horse a chance.
I did but that was almost 2 months ago.
Didn't think it was even worth mentioning given the US beat it with ease last time and told my mate he can pick anyone apart from POP in our 8 horse boxed tri :$

GMwA0mh.png

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Wow been one hectic day, managed to catch the race in the end at the office, thought Max was going to get up at the 200m when he loomed.
Not to be...
Oh well money back special from SB so I break even for the cup:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back