Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomtime

Rookie
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Constantinople sold, owners not announced but it’s not Team Williams. Surprising that Coolmore would sell him ahead of the St Leger but i guess they figure he can’t beat Logician. Surprising as well that Team Williams isn’t the buyer.
Obrien has il paridiso that went close with Stradivarius. That his big leger hope

Boomtime

Rookie
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone got news on buckhurst? It's price is on the drift in bf out to $150s now...
On the international front, who have we got Confirmed to travel
Constantinople
Cross counter
Ispolini
Downdraft
Mustajeer
I know there certainly coming I'm not 💯 sure but I'm confident Raymond tuck and twilight payment are?

coachcarter7

Debutant
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone got news on buckhurst? It's price is on the drift in bf out to $150s now...
On the international front, who have we got Confirmed to travel
Constantinople
Cross counter
Ispolini
Downdraft
Mustajeer
I know there certainly coming I'm not 💯 sure but I'm confident Raymond tuck and twilight payment are?

Marmelo
Prince of Arran
Master of Reality
Raheen House
Southern France
Gold Mount
Mirage Dancer
Latrobe
Cape of Good Hope (Likely to stick to 2000m though)

Django Freeman already here

I think all of those, plus your list at list stage look very likely barring any hiccups. And that's without any news from Aiden on if he'll send a couple or continue to sell them to Australian connections as he seems to be doing currently.

Boomtime

Rookie
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
That's a combined total of 16, Werribee holds 32 (I'm sure a read that somewhere) and bloodworth and carps where condfident it was going to be full. So that still leaves another 16?

That's a combined total of 16, Werribee holds 32 (I'm sure a read that somewhere) and bloodworth and carps where condfident it was going to be full. So that still leaves another 16?

Normally Aiden brings a whole lot of random chaff bandits over with his troop

You will get better prices for a bunch of these internationals on the day - one or two might start shorter but there are no stars and I expect a whole bunch to be in the 30/1-60/1 bracket. Certainly no need to be storming into antepost prices unless you are Betfair trading.

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched last years replay. Finche was outstanding to stick on the way he did. Faced the breeze from about the 900.. was enormous. The Waller camp have given him a lengthy spell to get further acclimatised to Australian conditions. His second trial this time in at Warwick Farm was a very handy piece of work, and he resumes this week in the Chelmsford where he should finish second to Avilius.

Let’s not forget either that he has the scalp of Avilius back home in France... with natural progression, and at expected overs in the Cup...very happy to be on him.

Waller training is a huge negative for mine - doubt he improves him over the Cup distance a year on.

Let's also not forget he couldn't beat Runaway and Northwest Passage in a Geelong Cup.

He might do a Fiorente but I would back that he regresses on last years performance. We will certainly see him go around way too many times here before hand to judge.

Happy to stick with the if they don't place the first time they don't win logic for now.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Waller training is a huge negative for mine - doubt he improves him over the Cup distance a year on.

Let's also not forget he couldn't beat Runaway and Northwest Passage in a Geelong Cup.

He might do a Fiorente but I would back that he regresses on last years performance. We will certainly see him go around way too many times here before hand to judge.

Happy to stick with the if they don't place the first time they don't win logic for now.

Let alone the fact he hasn’t even raced since last year’s cup

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
The old 10,000m into the legs rule. Less than 8 weeks out and Finche has zero, 2 trials. Cross Counter was well into his cup prep this time last year. One of the main reasons why I back the internationals over the Australian trained runners, ours are rarely ticking over.

The old 10,000m into the legs rule. Less than 8 weeks out and Finche has zero, 2 trials. Cross Counter was well into his cup prep this time last year. One of the main reasons why I back the internationals over the Australian trained runners, ours are rarely ticking over.

Errr what time metric is this based on - Cross Counter hadn't raced for almost 3 months before winning last year!?!?

If anything the internationals have shown that that rule is complete rubbish these days

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Errr what time metric is this based on - Cross Counter hadn't raced for almost 3 months before winning last year!?!?

If anything the internationals have shown that that rule is complete rubbish these days

Still had k’s in the legs, 4800 more than what Finche has had at the same time. Don’t care if you don’t care Paris, I still like to see em at least having run a proper race by now.

Still had k’s in the legs, 4800 more than what Finche has had at the same time. Don’t care if you don’t care Paris, I still like to see em at least having run a proper race by now.

But that's the point - Cross Counter hadn't run for near on 3 months!?!?! How much residual fitness/'miles in the legs' would he have had from racing at Royal Ascot.

Heartbreak City had had two runs in 5.5 months before running a stormer!

Just seems completely made up to be honest and I'd say the opposite is preferable. I don't want my Cup horse getting flogged in meaningless 1400m races in August.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
But that's the point - Cross Counter hadn't run for near on 3 months!?!?! How much residual fitness/'miles in the legs' would he have had from racing at Royal Ascot.

Heartbreak City had had two runs in 5.5 months before running a stormer!

Just seems completely made up to be honest and I'd say the opposite is preferable. I don't want my Cup horse getting flogged in meaningless 1400m races in August.

Difference of opinion aside, who was the last winner not to have run a race by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back