Racing Melbourne Cup eve form review - starts 8pm Monday night

Hamingja

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Finche profiles ok for mine as a progressive stayer. Had every chance in the Geelong Cup though and reading between the lines neither Bowman or Waller rate it one bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
13. Finche (GB)
C. Waller
Z. Purton (15)
Intriguing likely raced runner that looks one of the better roughies in the race. Expect him to improve out of Geelong and think the 3200m on a big track should suit. I have him completing my top 7 and no shock if he acts as a blow out for exotics. A win would shock though.

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #103
A lot of money around for him but not for me. Unproven at the distance. Mostly racing against much smaller fields. Cracksman and Tiberian form looks good though but was a bit disappointed with his Geelong Cup performance. Not in my top4

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Wasn't good enough in a very inferior race last time. Can probably turn the tables on that winner, but not a F4 chance IMO.

Have seen him being tipped up as the overs by a few good judges, so maybe I'm missing something.

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Red Cardinal - $101 into $35 after showing no form whatsoever for more than a year. Going putrid really. Get ****** if this thing wins after that and test it for any substance you can fit in a syringe

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Red Cardinal - $101 into $35 after showing no form whatsoever for more than a year. Going putrid really. Get ****** if this thing wins after that and test it for any substance you can fit in a syringe
This - a milkshake Ben Johnson would be proud of its only hope

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #108
Easily the best backed outsider in the race. Aside from being proven at the distance and the Weir/ Oliver factor, i have absolutely no idea why?

I smell a rat so he goes in exotics

Hamingja

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
I had it on my watch list in the MV cup as a roughie for the MC. Not the worst build up towards 3200m until last start. Smashed by Stormo. Next.

muttley45

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts
Count Darren Weir out of nothing he has a runner in, i will have a small bet ew just in case, Red Cardinal has better credentials than Prince of Penzance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamingja

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not the Melbourne Cup if you don't pick out a 100-1 shot for the multiples. VM is mine. Will stay the trip no problem and the low draw was perfect. Got shuffled back and lost ground in the CC when Our Taj Mahal took off early but was only beaten 4.5L. Moroney has rated the horse as a cup runner for a long time. Lob a place sweet prince.

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't the worst run in the Caulfield Cup but he is a good 2 or 3 levels below most of these for class. Could see him maybe sneaking top 10 if he ran to his absolute best but thats about it. Expect him to finish about 16th-20th

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Has been battling away OK in the leadups, but just not good enough to trouble the top end. Good draw and a decent Flemington record gives him a Top 10 chance.

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #120
Look, he's not as good as #BLU but his last run was encouraging. How much has this wind op really helped him?

He did beat Muntahaa by 10 lengths in the St. Leger albeit, that was in 2016...

If he doesn't get as far back as he did in the CC he could surprise

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
A solid 10th - 15th horse. Has just a little bit of class and can stay just ok. We know how good he is and he wont be reaching a new peak. Should be finishing somewhere mid pack

AFL Club
Melbourne
Look, he's not as good as #BLU but his last run was encouraging. How much has this wind op really helped him?

He did beat Muntahaa by 7 lengths in the St. Leger albeit, that was in 2016...

If he doesn't get as far back as he did in the CC he could surprise
It hasn’t. The rest just didn’t go that well and made the run look better than it was.

Top Bottom