Racing Melbourne Cup eve form review - starts 8pm Monday night

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
A Prince of Arran - Lacks a lot of class when compared to the other internationals. Could see him possibly running on to run top 5 given he has been running well here already but he shouldnt be competing for a win. The races he has been running in havent been all that strong either and there is no chance he turns the tables on Yucatan.

A genuine 30-1 or 35-1 shot for mine and is now too short after winning the Lexus

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
overs for mine,

margin of 1.7 to Yucatan is probably 4L theoretically with him being eased down but small weight swing and Yucatan being a fair ?? repeatability he may be good place change. 4th top for mine.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His trainer was really bullish about him for the Lexus as he said he was trained to win that day. He was far less confident about the short back up though.

His shortest back up to date was 9 days and that didn't end well.

That aside, his form reads well and the distance is not a problem. Though the predicted rain won't help. Hard to get a read on his chances.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Had the track pattern in favour when winning the Geelong Cup, this much harder obviously. Might take up the running but can't see it running top 10 unless they deadset walk.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2nd most intriguing horse for mine. It's not good enough, i don't think.

it might just be the most suited horse to the track/dist. love the way it runs for increasing in trip i think it eats up 3200m. terribly underpriced on ability but i think it will run a clear PB, run top 10 but probably find multiple better than it barring a freak spike.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Big test for her but I'll be cheering her on. Draws well, hopefully Craig gets her to settle and run on nicely.

Well enough found in the market, couldn't back her at the price.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Youngstar - One of the ones in the market that i give little chance to at all. Outside of its 2nd to Winx it has shown no real indication it has the ability to compete at this level. 3yo qld form is not up to it. Its run in the CC was not terrible but no where near good and i feel like that was the race it was set for.

A 4yo local mare is enough to put the line through it anyway

Back