Racing Melbourne Cup eve form review - starts 8pm Monday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2nd pick, as most would agree. think it's clear second pick in fact.

big query on tractability first time under Australian racing conditions. replays i have seen do not show the style of previous raiders running well.

drawn wide, hopefully keep it in 3 wide line and open it up in the straight, had it drawn inside it wouldn't have been high on my list.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
I have a query on him at the distance and any setback however minor makes it hard to run well. Of those in the market he's the one I'll take on.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Cross Counter - Brings in the best international form for mine and gets in light with just 51kg. That Euro 3yo form this season is very strong and he has been running well against good horses and in fast times. The slight set back last month and the distance are the only small concerns but of the horses we havent seen yet he rates clearly on top for me and will be going in next to Yucatan as my on top picks

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Rostropovich - Another with reasonable 3yo form overseas. Had a soft lead in the Irish Derby and was able to kick on to hold a place but im not a huge fan of his outside of that. I have high concerns over him running the trip and think he could even be sent forward as a pacemaker for the O'Brien camp. Either way he will be on speed and dknt really want shares in him from up there. Didnt show a great deal in the Cox Plate either so happy to leave out

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
8.75L despite having the word Winx in front of it is still 8.75L. traveling 3yo judge him how he has aclimatised and that is not a good lead.

Previous form undeniable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Overall Tips

1. Yucatan
2. Cross Counter
3. The Cliffsofmoher

Best Roughies: Who Shot Thebarman & Sound Check

(Plus firm track = Chestnut Coat in everything)

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
Cheers for the contributions people. Read through it but didn't get to contribute. Been talked into a couple similar to the thread that threw up red cadeux in 2011 (tri would have been so much more epic with the 50/1 shot getting the photo instead of dunaden)
Will PM you all a beer or 6 when I get 100% of the first 4 jackpot tomorrow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back