News Melbourne declared a COVID-19 hotspot for Queenslanders

Remove this Banner Ad

10,000 allowed into the ground. Richmond vs a Perth team. Should be able to get a ticket.
Keep in mind it's an Eagles home game so they would be allocated more tickets.
Having said that, I doubt you would hve much trouble getting a ticket.
Doubt they would fill their allocation.

There is talk over here in the west that if Qld shut out the Vic teams then the West Coast v Richmond game might be played in Perth.

Not sure how that is possible if McGowan will only allow WA teams to self isolate.

There is talk over here in the west that if Qld shut out the Vic teams then the West Coast v Richmond game might be played in Perth.

Not sure how that is possible if McGowan will only allow WA teams to self isolate.
Wishful thinking from toasters, WA border has always been harder than QLD, why would they now allow something that QLD won’t? If QLD won’t let us in it’s more likely we play in Sydney or it changes to our home game at the MCG.

Wishful thinking from toasters, WA border has always been harder than QLD, why would they now allow something that QLD won’t? If QLD won’t let us in it’s more likely we play in Sydney or it changes to our home game at the MCG.
Qld are going to open the border to NSW. So the team might have to come up by bus. Or fly to Ballina & bus across the border. The team can be in disguise, wear NRL jumpers and no one'll be the wiser

Yeah, it is starting to look like there might be serious questions on this game being in Queensland despite the government giving exemptions to AFL/NRL teams. If Queensland does not accept Richmond into the state without quarantining, then Melbourne may end up the only place where this fixture can go ahead in the timeslot it currently is in IMO.

Richmond is scheduled to travel up to the AFL’s Gold Coast hub to face West Coast that week, while Gold Coast will fly south to face Geelong.

“The AFL hasn’t ruled out relocating games,” Ralph said on Fox Sports News.

“This would absolutely be a worst-case scenario, but of course those Victorian teams are right now in a precarious position with a growing number of coronavirus positives.”

The case of Victoria’s NRL side, the Storm, could provide a worrying precedent.

They were scheduled to host a game this weekend but have been forced to relocate north and instead play it in Sydney. After that, the Storm may be asked to temporarily relocate to either New South Wales or Queensland, to avoid the Victoria issue altogether.

“We reported over the weekend the Queensland authorities were very much looking at the Richmond-West Coast game in Round 5 and watching with bated breath to see whether those community transmissions (in Victoria) increase,” Ralph said.

“They haven’t guaranteed that game will go ahead.

anastasia changes her mind more than she changes her undies, if there is any risk she will can it

Do you blame her?

As a Richmond supporting ex-Melburnian living in Queensland, I don’t want Victorians coming here right now

Sort things out down there & I will reconsider my position

Why don't West Coast just play Sydney and Richmond play Melbourne instead? Sydney are probably not going to be required to quarantine after entering QLD, so I think it would work swapping those fixtures around. Fremantle can the play GWS in Round 6 while West Coast play Adelaide.

The only tough one would be Geelong vs Gold Coast. I don't know how the AFL can rectify that one. Well, unless Geelong is not in the area considered a "hotspot". They can just enter and leave through Avalon Airport then.

Yeah, it is starting to look like there might be serious questions on this game being in Queensland despite the government giving exemptions to AFL/NRL teams. If Queensland does not accept Richmond into the state without quarantining, then Melbourne may end up the only place where this fixture can go ahead in the timeslot it currently is in IMO.

I suspect it will get the same kind of exemption that the druggo's have managed. Hard rules for some, soft exemptions for others. Palaszczuk will be weighing up the political consequences of pissing off the supporters of two interstate sides, that is my only worry, she's a professional grandstander when given the slightest opportunity.

If we go up and remain isolated from the general population in our own team bubble apart from being on the actual field, manage the situation etc., I don't see it as a significant risk.

Do you blame her?

As a Richmond supporting ex-Melburnian living in Queensland, I don’t want Victorians coming here right now

Sort things out down there & I will reconsider my position
You’re not the only one

its a joke

cancel the fu**en season and come back in 2021

part of me wants to see colonwood win the unicorn flag for lolz
Give the season another month or two, have Collingwood become raging, unbackable flag favorites. And then pull the pin on the season. The salt from the Pies would be delicious!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously fail to see what the issue is with the Queensland boarder concerning the fly in/fly out exemption previously granted by the government because of some so called positive tests. The AFL players, coaches and staff are having to follow such strict guidelines and protocols including testing at least twice per week so how can what is happening in Melbourne make a difference for the scheduled games. The contact with anyone outside of those living within the "bubble" will be absolutely minimal and highly unlikely to have any negative impact what so ever. Likewise for the Eagles & Dockers players when they return to WA, they have to isolate for a fortnight - what an absolute load of BS - they have been living isolated in a hub - again with the rigorous testing and protocols the players are subjected to and then they have to isolate when they go home!! At least it can be in their own homes. Seems to me there is an awful lot of political posturing going on under the guise of pretending to actually give a damn about the health of the nation.

Connor McKenna today received news his latest test done yesterday was NEGATIVE. So were the tests done on Friday and Saturday false positives or has his immune system simple done what a healthy immune system is supposed to do and got to work on eliminating the "virus" from his body?

2,132,821 tested in Australia - 0.4% positive / 7,492 total cases. 6,915 recovered cases. 102 total deaths (the vast majority with co-morbidity issues). Of the remaining current cases, 19 are in hospital, including 3 in ICU.

I seriously fail to see what the issue is with the Queensland boarder concerning the fly in/fly out exemption previously granted by the government because of some so called positive tests. The AFL players, coaches and staff are having to follow such strict guidelines and protocols including testing at least twice per week so how can what is happening in Melbourne make a difference for the scheduled games. The contact with anyone outside of those living within the "bubble" will be absolutely minimal and highly unlikely to have any negative impact what so ever. Likewise for the Eagles & Dockers players when they return to WA, they have to isolate for a fortnight - what an absolute load of BS - they have been living isolated in a hub - again with the rigorous testing and protocols the players are subjected to and then they have to isolate when they go home!! At least it can be in their own homes. Seems to me there is an awful lot of political posturing going on under the guise of pretending to actually give a damn about the health of the nation.

Connor McKenna today received news his latest test done yesterday was NEGATIVE. So were the tests done on Friday and Saturday false positives or has his immune system simple done what a healthy immune system is supposed to do and got to work on eliminating the "virus" from his body?

2,132,821 tested in Australia - 0.4% positive / 7,492 total cases. 6,915 recovered cases. 102 total deaths (the vast majority with co-morbidity issues). Of the remaining current cases, 19 are in hospital, including 3 in ICU.

there were reported millions of faulty testing kits supplied by our Chinese brothers around the world, how many of those positives are negative, and vice versa......that is the great unknown.

unlikely to have got rid of the virus in two days if he was positive, and highly possible the negative results are positive and again vice versa

china the gift that keeps on giving

there were reported millions of faulty testing kits supplied by our Chinese brothers around the world, how many of those positives are negative, and vice versa......that is the great unknown.

unlikely to have got rid of the virus in two days if he was positive, and highly possible the negative results are positive and again vice versa

china the gift that keeps on giving
If faulty tests were widespread you would expect some false positives to come out of other states. But there are states getting none at all. Maybe a few of Victoria’s cases are false but it’s a tiny minority.

The whole competition this season is compromised especially with view of the Bombers saga. Some full strength teams potentially facing other badly weakened teams while others play them at full strength.

A premiership this year will have the perennial asterix along side it so I am certainly not worried too much about the rest of the season, just treating as an enjoyable distraction at this point.

Let's hope as a population we come through the other side of this thing as healthy as possible.
bring on the asterix :)

Yeah but growing up in Inala, that wasnt very often - a rinse under the tap, hang them out the casement windows for the morning - all good!
Old habits die hard mate!
being driven around a Brissy suburb , think it was a Stockland one , was looking for an investment property
they built a wall (think Trump) ,
me "whats on the other side ?"
mate "Inala"

LOL

being driven around a Brissy suburb , think it was a Stockland one , was looking for an investment property
they built a wall (think Trump) ,
me "whats on the other side ?"
mate "Inala"

LOL

Yep sounds about right. I've done lots of work in Inala. Like most places there are the better neighbours and then there the ones from hell. My most hellish neighbour ever was in a $2m property in a premier waterfront estate - absolute arse! Yet I've met some of the salt-of-the-earth types in Kingston, Inala, Durack, Logan etc.. Sounds like you might have been looking in Springfield maybe?

I wonder if Richmond will have to FIFO for this game. Maybe they should reschedule it to daylight hours. Don't want the germy Viccos infecting the place

Couldn't agree more mate, not sure what those Viccy's are doing but they seem to be doing it all together:rolleyes::tearsofjoy:

I suspect it will get the same kind of exemption that the druggo's have managed. Hard rules for some, soft exemptions for others. Palaszczuk will be weighing up the political consequences of pissing off the supporters of two interstate sides, that is my only worry, she's a professional grandstander when given the slightest opportunity.

If we go up and remain isolated from the general population in our own team bubble apart from being on the actual field, manage the situation etc., I don't see it as a significant risk.

Bang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back