Melbourne Demons 2020

Where will Melbourne finish in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t see them as a finals team. All year the talk has been about this just being an off year. IMO the aberration was actually 2018. When you go deeper you actually see it quite clearly, in 2017 let’s not forget they were earmarked to make finals & didn’t, same as this year!
I didn't see the Cats as a finals team in 2019. I still don't.

That aside, the Geelong Top-ups aren't the topic here.

We were overrated going into '19 and then all hell broke out with the no. 1 worst team hit by injuries, a tougher draw and a list that had been built over 5 years to bully teams with inside strength. 666 changed that significantly and football has become a sport where you need to value possession again. I don't think it's a bad thing generally, but completely screwed us the way we were building.

Allow me to summarise:

Abominable culture
‘Good to average’ coach - at best
A bunch of overrated players who think they’re elite
A supporter base that cops the most criticism in the league.
A board that drinks their own bath water

Don’t hold your breath for a meteoric rise in 2020
O eye argwee rbowt da barf worta, day orl dwank et

For some reason I predicted them to finish top 4 and maybe win the flag this year, mostly due to their ladder position in 2018. However, I don't rate them as a team at all. Some very, very good individual players, but don't really look like a uniform outfit that clicks into gear.

I think they will improve, but there looks to be a need of decent and confident leadership.

2020 = healthy back 6, two new competent wingers to go with our inside midfield dominance, an injection of top 3 talent, and an internationally reputed conditioning coach. Is it possible to win two flags in one season?

The only thing we can't win is AFLX, which we are the reigning champions of, and that's because they got rid of it in 2020.

Going to find it hard in 2020, the entire NMFC will be Death Riding them every week.

That is a lot of weight to drag onto the park every week.

Going to find it hard in 2020, the entire NMFC will be Death Riding them every week.

Not sure if serious?

Do you really think the playing group are going to be thinking/worrying about a pick swap next season. I can guarantee you, they wont give a s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will be where Melb have always located themselves in the last 50+ years and that is firmly entrenched as the representative of the MCC (all rep no show, should have beaten Fitzroy to the door) and the eternal misery of suburban deeess fans mixed with short spurts of carry on and fist pumping when Johnny Listclogger kicks a goal from 35m on the boundary in front of 11K crowd at the G playing North in July.

Pretty confident theyll be playing finals footy again next year. Maybe they got ahead of themselves last year, and the reality check will do them the world of good. They'll have a very soft draw next year, I reckon they could do some damage.

They will be where Melb have always located themselves in the last 50+ years and that is firmly entrenched as the representative of the MCC (all rep no show, should have beaten Fitzroy to the door) and the eternal misery of suburban deeess fans mixed with short spurts of carry on and fist pumping when Johnny Listclogger kicks a goal from 35m on the boundary in front of 11K crowd at the G playing North in July.
I can only support and follow a s**t club in these dire 50+ years.

But please tell me how you personally helped your club over the lines the last 3 years?

Are you another smug Richmond supporter, who now has high importance at work because you can tell everyone how WE won the flag?

I can only support and follow a s**t club in these dire 50+ years.

But please tell me how you personally helped your club over the lines the last 3 years?

Are you another smug Richmond supporter, who now has high importance at work because you can tell everyone how WE won the flag?

Yes you can, although not quite the 50+ I can tell you I made a pretty good fist of 40+
I only participated in RFC activity financially these last 40+ years, unique yet the same as everyone else. The same as you no doubt at MFC. I certainly had no impact on the last 3 other than what I have for the years before and that is at the til.

Smug yes of course 2 out of 3 aint bad. But please use the correct derogatory term for a tigers fan that has been around the traps for a while and that is we eat our own, spit on and sack coaches and are bunch of tin rattlers. Bah.

The key thing I get from this is not knowing after 50 years the caricature of the MFC personality. Accept the cartel of the MCC and their imperious yet insignificant role, the fist pumpers. (Mr Robertson look at you) They will hold you in good stead like the baby eating tigers fans of now.

Pretty confident theyll be playing finals footy again next year. Maybe they got ahead of themselves last year, and the reality check will do them the world of good. They'll have a very soft draw next year, I reckon they could do some damage.
Their draw will be the same as North’s in terms of difficulty. Would be nice to get them twice, to help cement them as low as possible for the draft pick.

I am sure that 18 paid up members deathriding us won't be an issue

The Dees are an interesting one and could quite easily return to finals action and play a significant part in proceedings. They could also have a repeat performance of 2019 where they're more up and down than Mr Steinbrenner without his calzone ( Mr Steinbrenner period )

On a serious note they weren't as bad as their record suggests, or were they? They had narrow wins against the Gold Coast, Carlton and Hawthorn, and several close losses including one to Adelaide which they completely botched. Had WCE for the taking in both games only to throw them away and also kicked poorly against Collingwood late on.

This post is allover the place, very much like the Dees.

* knows.

Minimal injuries and a healthy list and we're top 6 in 2020.

We simply showed in 20' that we lack depth. An area in which we need to improve.

Minimal injuries and a healthy list and we're top 6 in 2020.

We simply showed in 20' that we lack depth. An area in which we need to improve.

Errrrrrr it really isn't that simple. I honestly think we could finish anywhere from 3rd to 17th again, but I'm certainly not locking us in for top 6 with just no injuries.

Back