Melbourne Demons 2020

Where will Melbourne finish in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Paul Roos’s legacy lives on. The foundations are so strong that they have to recruit every man and his dog into the club... lol
Paul Roos and his legacy hey? God we hate that guy. I mean we paid him all this money only to give us an upward trajectory from 2014 to 2016 re ladder position, develop a defence after being absolutely smashed by opposition forwards under Bailey and Neeld, was adamant we needed more contested ball winning ability, and helped set the foundation for Goodwin to take us into the 8 in 2018.

Premiership coaches and their legacies.....

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I said to someone today that I think Goodwin has 10 weeks next year to give a W/L ratio that’s better than 50%. Simply can not miss finals two years in a row with our list.
I'm 50/50 on Goodwin being the right coach for us right now. If we miss the finals again, I'd be leaning towards moving him on, but really I can only see Goodwin leaving if there is only minimal improvement next year and we finish within the bottom 6.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m on the fence at the moment. I think we can turn it around but I’m not convinced.
I think Burgess will be a big help. Especially as hell have access to basically the full list from November. So far 2 outgoing assistants have said the injuries pre season meant we basically didn’t have a midfield in full training. The drills were ran with vfl players. The 6-6-6 rule change didn’t help that either when they couldn’t train it.

The coaches turnover should be a positive to. Some fresh IP won’t hurt.

I think we have the talent. Adding in a couple of players who can play wing will help to.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Then your game plan got worked out. Could have finished with one win for the year if a couple of things didn’t go your way in the other wins lol. At least you got Langdon. He’s a good pick up
What’s that got to do with the training camp issue you raised? As I said, the year of the training camp ‘debacle’ we made a PF and lost. The same as Richmond.

So what’s the point of bringing up the training camp when it clearly didn’t impact our 2018? It was only made an issue by alarmists like yourself looking to peg s**t on us.

Jog on.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
What’s that got to do with the training camp issue you raised? As I said, the year of the training camp ‘debacle’ we made a PF and lost. The same as Richmond.

So what’s the point of bringing up the training camp when it clearly didn’t impact our 2018? It was only made an issue by alarmists like yourself looking to peg s**t on us.

Jog on.

Bringing up the problem with your playing group. A handful of players that think they’re special. Need to clear them out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm 50/50 on Goodwin being the right coach for us right now. If we miss the finals again, I'd be leaning towards moving him on, but really I can only see Goodwin leaving if there is only minimal improvement next year and we finish within the bottom 6.
Should've sacked him after the Adelaide media started ramping up the pressure on Pyke towards the end of the season. You wouldn't have had to worry about paying out his contract because Ricciutio would've hired his bum buddy if he was available.

Sack Goodwin next year and you'll have to pay out his contract because the Crows job will be someone else's.

TheBigPavallova

Debutant
Jul 7, 2012
The SandPit
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just face it mate your players drank their own bath water, you don't need to be insecure over it
They're supporters drink the players bathwater, then kiss their backsides on the way out.
This is why the players drink their own P!$$$. Too many years of easy street for that clubs players. A retirement home for players in their prime, who want things soft & cushy.
The bar is set too low and soft, over at the old MCC. Also ran D's.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
They're supporters drink the players bathwater, then kiss their backsides on the way out.
This is why the players drink their own P!$$$. Too many years of easy street for that clubs players. A retirement home for players in their prime, who want things soft & cushy.
can someone translate this please? i don't speak cockburn

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Were you one of the thousands of numpties who gave the Dockers a standing ovation when Essendon spanked them at home in their first ever final, 9 years after entering the league? Talk about low bars for players.

nacnud

motw
Dec 3, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You finished where? Barely able to win 2 games lol. I think I’m right ;)

@Nuffies on AFL Pages

...oh wait this isn’t facebook

Last edited:
Back