Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
1593061530561.png

Our fans are the fabric of our great football club.
Over the course of our 162-year history, the Melbourne Football Club has faced and overcome countless challenges. With your help, we can rebound and return our focus to fulfilling your aspirations of becoming a club of size, significance, and strength.
By purchasing a Proud to Belong Guernsey, you are not only supporting our club through this time, you are immortalising that support in the history books of our great club by having your name sublimated into the iconic red and blue design.
The Proud to Belong Guernsey will be worn by the players later in the 2020 season. Places are limited so get in fast to secure your spot.

If you require a different name to the one on your order, please enter the name of your choosing in the "order comments" section in the shipping details in your cart. Please note there is a maximum character limit of 24.

Please note: By purchasing this product you will be entitled to the below;

1 x Proud To Belong Guernsey with your name sublimated into the fabric

This is a pre-order. The guernsey will not be available until mid-September.

Honestly I'm surprised that people are nostalgic for this logo
As a relative young'n this is the earliest era of footy I remember, so this kind of struck a chord with me. As the image was loading from top to bottom I let out a little "ooh" cause I like stuff from this era.

I really hope they bring the DeMon back prominently. They only dropped it in the hope of getting the Melbourne Chinese community on board, but they never followed through with that, so it was a waste of some strong heritage.

Our fans are the fabric of our great football club.
Over the course of our 162-year history, the Melbourne Football Club has faced and overcome countless challenges. With your help, we can rebound and return our focus to fulfilling your aspirations of becoming a club of size, significance, and strength.
By purchasing a Proud to Belong Guernsey, you are not only supporting our club through this time, you are immortalising that support in the history books of our great club by having your name sublimated into the iconic red and blue design.
The Proud to Belong Guernsey will be worn by the players later in the 2020 season. Places are limited so get in fast to secure your spot.

If you require a different name to the one on your order, please enter the name of your choosing in the "order comments" section in the shipping details in your cart. Please note there is a maximum character limit of 24.

Please note: By purchasing this product you will be entitled to the below;

1 x Proud To Belong Guernsey with your name sublimated into the fabric

This is a pre-order. The guernsey will not be available until mid-September.
never a fan of people's names plastered all over these one-off jumpers, but if it's the only way to get the return of something like this then I can live with it. I reckon they might have had a white-faced version of this exact design (minus the names) as well, perhaps not used apart from practice games/training. Certainly Motton-Preston (Tasmania) did in 1999, and it looks like Uraidla Districts (SA) still are.

Last edited:
I really hope they bring the DeMon back prominently. They only dropped it in the hope of getting the Melbourne Chinese community on board, but they never followed through with that, so it was a waste of some strong heritage.
Hmm, can you elaborate on that? Why was it that the Chinese community wasn't into DeMan?
Also while I don't care too much for this logo, its replacement was the most bland AFL logo ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, can you elaborate on that? Why was it that the Chinese community wasn't into DeMan?
Also while I don't care too much for this logo, its replacement was the most bland AFL logo ever.
They over-compensated when they went to the next one too.
The design by committee where everyone got their design element included was after the 2008 yoke logo.
They've had no luck with logos since the one on the jumper, which they are apparently covering up with the AFL and Zurich logos.
Perhaps now that Australia-China relations are strained, maybe the club will go back to having a Demon in their logo.

They over-compensated when they went to the next one too.
The design by committee where everyone got their design element included was after the 2008 yoke logo.
They've had no luck with logos since the one on the jumper, which they are apparently covering up with the AFL and Zurich logos.
Perhaps now that Australia-China relations are strained, maybe the club will go back to having a Demon in their logo.

The 2011 Demons logo

IMG_1116.JPG

John So was a very popular Lord Mayor back in the early 2000s. He and MFC launched a plan to elevate the club into the Melbourne Chinese community. They dropped the Demon as part of this, as it was identified (rightly or wrongly) as unpopular in Chinese culture .

Not sure when they gave up on that push, it'd be nice to get the Demon back

61rJloC.jpg

This could be the opportunity for Melbourne to have two logos like Geelong has, one traditional the current logo and a new Demon logo which could include the old Demon which is still loved. This would allow the opportunity to use two different logos, one for a more traditional logo for a more traditional supporter, and one for a more modern logo for a more modern supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back