Toast Melbourne hire second female AFL coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

I love it when clubs get some free media during the off season by doing something out of the normal that will last about 3 months before all parties "mutually agree" to not continuing the relationship.
Except that the Dees have had running relationships with both for 3 years...

I love it when clubs get some free media during the off season by doing something out of the normal that will last about 3 months before all parties "mutually agree" to not continuing the relationship.
Good contribution. Strong contribution. Worthwhile contribution.

In all fairness Michelle is coaching 'four days a fortnight' and Daisy's role is so vague they had to 'best describe it as a graduate traineeship'. Reminds me a bit of when we shoehorned T. Viney into a made-up role so Jack would follow him back to Melbourne, though Todd's still around and pretty important again so who knows?

In all fairness Michelle is coaching 'four days a fortnight' and Daisy's role is so vague they had to 'best describe it as a graduate traineeship'. Reminds me a bit of when we shoehorned T. Viney into a made-up role so Jack would follow him back to Melbourne, though Todd's still around and pretty important again so who knows?
She was just on AW, club offered her full time and she declined because of her husband's job in Perth. She's commuting from WA.

Sounds like she had some experience coaching the WAFL, congratulations to her if she got the job on merit and not because 'their should be a 50/50 split in men and womens coaching'

What a surprise to see you weigh in with this comment.

I notice that every time a man gets a coaching job you're not popping in to say "is he qualified for the job or did we just give it to him because he's a man?"

Seriously, you should just give up on posting on any thread that has anything to do with women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a surprise to see you weigh in with this comment.

I notice that every time a man gets a coaching job you're not popping in to say "is he qualified for the job or did we just give it to him because he's a man?"

Seriously, you should just give up on posting on any thread that has anything to do with women.

Because when we hired Brendan McCartney there wasn't a 'congratulations melbourne ' for being pioneers or anything

It doesn't surprise me someone would choose to take offence to this

If she got the job on merit then fantastic and it makes our coaching department better

I am so proud of our club to be one of the pioneering forces into women's footy specifically and women's involvement in footy generally. What a great modern chapter to add to our history as one of the oldest football clubs in the world and the founders of the sport.

Sensational post - I'm with you 100%. Great initiative from the club. Women are critical in the success of any organisation.

Because when we hired Brendan McCartney there wasn't a 'congratulations melbourne ' for being pioneers or anything

If she got the job on merit then fantastic and it makes our coaching department better
I'm pretty sure the club didn't hire her for good publicity. She's had an involvement at the club for a while now as well as being highly qualified for the position. To be honest i haven't actually heard a lot at all in terms of public reaction, we have our article on the website and i saw a two paragraph article at the end of the sports section in the HS.

I'm an equalitist and that word doesn't exist because i made it up because we actually don't have one for group of men and women that want to be level with each other. There are some points i can agree on and some i can not with your past arguments. However can't agree on this one at all.

Now i feel inspired to write an article on this stuff again

Because when we hired Macca we weren't in any way pioneering. We weren't even the first AFL club to hire him, why on earth would there be any congratulations of the sort?

No, and no-one else is surprised either, because...

If she got the job on merit then fantastic

... your constant insinuation that perhaps she got the job for reasons other than merit is INCREDIBLY SEXIST.

Because when we hired Macca we weren't in any way pioneering. We weren't even the first AFL club to hire him, why on earth would there be any congratulations of the sort?

No, and no-one else is surprised either, because...

... your constant insinuation that perhaps she got the job for reasons other than merit is INCREDIBLY SEXIST.

Im not insinuating it all, I asked it straight out
If she was hired because she was the best in her role available then fantastic for the club, if she was given a leg up for being a woman then thats wrong IMO

If you're so unsurprised that someone would "choose to take offence to this", maybe go out and do some research as to why they might take issue with it. Or do you assume that the entire rest of the world is wrong and you're the only one making any sense?

Im not insinuating it all, I asked it straight out
If she was hired because she was the best in her role available then fantastic for the club, if she was given a leg up for being a woman then thats wrong IMO
I think it's your anger on this topic, every single time, that is a bit worrying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back