Melbourne in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I'm biased but ANZAC Eve when the lights go out is far better than anything on the day itself. It's eerie in a great way.

Can see it being as big as the day itself in a few years.
Yeah completely agree.
Is spine tingling when the lights go out.

I've always liked Dunn and have constantly been fuming over why he isn't getting a game when he would be a better option IMO than say an Omac or Wagner.

Interesting when he talks about not being able to adjust to the zone defence. He is obviously good 1-v-1 but if he is struggling to play the team defence and others are picking it up better (probably because they are essentially blank canvas') then it makes sense he hasn't been getting a gig.

Though I love Dunn I'd rather us continue to develop OMac than him.

Hes a 20 year old who will just get better and better. I think he can be a staple when we're in the finals and pushing for flags. Not developing players has ruined a lot of clubs in the past and while we're not in a premiership window I'd like the young guys to play instead.

Though I love Dunn I'd rather us continue to develop OMac than him.

Hes a 20 year old who will just get better and better. I think he can be a staple when we're in the finals and pushing for flags. Not developing players has ruined a lot of clubs in the past and while we're not in a premiership window I'd like the young guys to play instead.

Yep you're right - I just sometimes wonder if we shouldn't be giving Oscar a break and bringing in Dunn which would potentially give us a better chance at winning games and help with the side's development as a whole.

Credit where it is due though; I often give Omac a hard time and am unreasonably harsh on him but he played a really good game against GC, particularly in the first half and he was good defensively.

I guess the fact that he is a KPD opens him up to more scrutiny. When a player up the ground stuffs up it can be recovered but when he/a young defender stuffs up it is generally on the last line and results in an opposition goal so I judge him more harshly which isn't fair.

For those who don't have fox footy

From what I've heard about Steven Febey, I thought this was going to be poop and he's still an egg but I was pleasantly surprised.
Seems like a really decent fella who has been through some bad stuff and managed to turn things around.
Really enjoyed this.

From what I've heard about Steven Febey, I thought this was going to be poop and he's still an egg but I was pleasantly surprised.
Seems like a really decent fella who has been through some bad stuff and managed to turn things around.
Really enjoyed this.
Yeah me too. Although i did wish they would talk a bit of footy in there after all it is open mike. But still a very good interview all round

Yeah me too. Although i did wish they would talk a bit of footy in there after all it is open mike. But still a very good interview all round
Yeah true not a whole lot of footy content.
Was glowing in his praise of Sean Wight, a player I don't remember much of as I was only 8 when he retired.
When you consider Broadbridge, Jimmy, Wight, Robbie Flower that's bloody hard. Dean Bailey also was mentioned but Febes wouldn't have had much to do with him.

Yeah true not a whole lot of footy content.
Was glowing in his praise of Sean Wight, a player I don't remember much of as I was only 8 when he retired.
When you consider Broadbridge, Jimmy, Wight, Robbie Flower that's bloody hard. Dean Bailey also was mentioned but Febes wouldn't have had much to do with him.
Add onto this what Danners is now going through its been shocking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the interview with Tyson in the club app, he's very good in interviews I reckon. Gives straight answers and seems pretty clear headed. Just learn to stick tackles now please Dom!

And, why did Robbo do the final Roos Views?! That's Burgos gig mate!! Will be fascinating to hear why...

Max gawn in a little segment with Sam on the footy show tonight. If you saw Sam and Alex Rance pokemon go hunting it's similar to that from what i've heard

Goody will be on SEN the coaches box next Friday night.
Thanks. I'm noting that. I feel I don't have a real handle on him or what Roos and selectors saw or heard in interview that got him to be senior coach. And the 2 minute snaps from the boundary riders at quarter time don't really communicate much. So I'm a bit interested in checking that out.

Thanks. I'm noting that. I feel I don't have a real handle on him or what Roos and selectors saw or heard in interview that got him to be senior coach. And the 2 minute snaps from the boundary riders at quarter time don't really communicate much. So I'm a bit interested in checking that out.

I thought he was great earlier in the year when he was on.. very clear and precise

Tyson would be (eventually) captain of most other footy clubs I reckon - it's a Mitchell/Hodge situation, except neither of them is a sniper.

What makes Tyson captaincy material?

Hodge and Mitchell aren't snipers, there's no such thing in modern footy. Mitchell got belted all night tonight and he carried on like a man.

Bernie Vince is a sniper under the logic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back