Melbourne in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

You so understand we still get more picks next year and the years after?

That'd be perfectly fine if our Premiership Window was open indefinitely and players could play on into their 50s.

2009 proves the point in many ways, take your shots and hope for the best, Scully has been a fine AFL footballer for a decade, Trengove got wrecked by injury and incompetence.

Teams draft at about 50% in the first round, you can get good real quick if you do what Hawthorn did in 04 with multiple picks early, Melbourne in 14 and 15 did a similar thing and it seemed to be working well until they started trading away all our picks

Scully is bang average. He’s lost a lick of pace with that ankle and absolutely cannot kick. Henderson is a better winger for Hawthorn than Scully

Two firsts for a bloke who plays KPF, was still in contract and had a decent body of work under his belt. Not unreasonable. Lever was a very good intercept defender, out of contract and has had question marks over his knees.

Negotiating, using leverage, etc, its not hard to imagine we could have done a fair bit better out of those two deals than what we've got.

And I wanted 8 firsts, and you included as steak knives. You'd make an awesome Freo fan.

You've included Levers negatives but ignored Hogans navicular and drug issues. Sneaky campaigner

You so understand we still get more picks next year and the years after?
I do and I hope we use them wisely, I was replying to you saying if our 14 and 15 first rounders wasn’t enough another player won’t make a difference, I disagree good players always make a difference

Cut it out. Preuss is a 2nd ruck. Never will be in Max's class. Hes a backup. So we need to develop a main young ruck, and no saying yet that Bradtke will be that player.?

Hore is a good medium defender. But he's not a Jetta, for sure. As a stopper. Hore is more a replacement for Hibbo. We haven't really tried out that small defender position yet, IMO.
I think Salem will end up in the midfield, and cetreline.
Lots of good ruck talent in the 3rd round and beyond, just gotta develop them. We’d be dumb to spend an early pick on one with Gawn still likely to play 5-6 more years. Just gotta pick a raw one a few years in advance and develop them

You've included Levers negatives but ignored Hogans navicular and drug issues. Sneaky campaigner

That's because Hogan's drug problems and navicular issues are positives (stimulates local economy), you campaigner.

I do and I hope we use them wisely, I was replying to you saying if our 14 and 15 first rounders wasn’t enough another player won’t make a difference, I disagree good players always make a difference

Mackie and Lonergan wouldn't have done * all if Ablett Kelly Bartel etc hadn't become superstars.

If Oliver Brayshaw Petracca and Weid just become good to average then we are ****ed anyway

ffe8819b9475ee9157ab980a32482d26.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what this was about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work by Hoges. Morris is the one who stole that photo of May having a pint and broke the ‘story’ that turned out to be May trying to talk to a mate after a break up

Mackie and Lonergan wouldn't have done **** all if Ablett Kelly Bartel etc hadn't become superstars.

If Oliver Brayshaw Petracca and Weid just become good to average then we are ****** anyway
Mackie was a 3 time premiership play and an all Australian, Lonergan a premiership player, the point is you keep drafting good players with your high picks and you build great sides as Geelong did

So just because it has the term 'first rounder' attached to it it magically becomes better?
No because you get to call out someones name sooner, there’s a reason every club wants first rounders for their players

Anyway I'm off to work you filthy lesbians

Go landscape yourself a hole in the ground and stay in it, you dirty beezlesnatch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back