Melbourne Interested In...

No-one. That's right, no-one. There was mention of the Wiz weeks ago, but since then, Melbourne have NOT been mentioned when it comes to out of contract players.

Again, it's the brilliance of our committee. They forecast changes, say they will definately look at players, and then for weeks on end we see interest in ONE player.

Bloody useless sometimes!

Seb

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2003
Searching.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fulham + NJN
Well you are getting 2 of the best young kids in the country...

And many people would label you undeserving of such an order considering the 'quality' of your list in comparison with Carlton.

Although, I do have my doubts about the quality at Dee Land, I think we have all been fed lies from the coaching staff and the media in relation to a few players: Re Travis Johnstone, Cameron Bruce and Brad Green etc..

Obviously nobody is going to degrade their own kind, but perhaps they're not as good as we first suspected.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Originally posted by Shaitan

And many people would label you undeserving of such an order considering the 'quality' of your list in comparison with Carlton.

Not to mention the effort or lack of effort they put in, during the last 5-6 games.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
You know you want Nick Stevens. Admit it.

Demon37

All Australian
Sep 14, 2003
I wouldn't worry too much CHF.

Look at last year for example. Clubs payed too much for big name players like Johnson (who has been good), Carey, Everitt and Chick. Daniher didn't want to trade away our early picks, and we went after Heffernan and got him for no cost.

It will be the same this year. Clubs will pay far too much for players like Solomon, Brown and Stevens, while Daniher will show no interest and pick up a good player (such as Dylan Smith) for nothing.

I like the way Daniher goes about his trading.

(And FWIW, Ray Ellis wants Richo at Melbourne!)

Ausgard

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Originally posted by Demon37
(such as Dylan Smith)

I hope you do get him actually (though hopefully for a bit more than just nothing ;) ) I rate him quite highly but has just never got the opportunity at North

Broadbridge_20

All Australian
Nov 13, 2002
Beautiful Park
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Originally posted by Savatage
Paul Wheatley to St.Kilda for moderate draft pick.

Paul Wheatley would be a bargain for any side. 12 months ago he was on the untradeable list, 12 months later minus some confidence and we want to replace him for a mid range draft pick :confused:

Unique player with a booming kick and good skills who can play forward, back or as a wingman. He'd be a perfect fit for StKilda.

If I was in charge he'd be going nowhere.

Demon37

All Australian
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by Broadbridge_20
Paul Wheatley would be a bargain for any side. 12 months ago he was on the untradeable list, 12 months later minus some confidence and we want to replace him for a mid range draft pick :confused:

Unique player with a booming kick and good skills who can play forward, back or as a wingman. He'd be a perfect fit for StKilda.

He is softest player on our list. You bag Heff for being soft, but he is twice as bad!!

And if we get Ben Holland, I won't be a happy man.

Savatage

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2000
Hollywood
AFL Club
St Kilda
Originally posted by Broadbridge_20

If he loses about 10kg of fat, I'd take him with no hesitation.

Would love a penetrating kick like that at the club. Not sure if he's got a set position, but provided he loses the weight & toughens up a bit then I'm all for having him at the club.

That's been a mooted trade for some time.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Well you are getting 2 of the best young kids in the country...

Although, I do have my doubts about the quality at Dee Land, I think we have all been fed lies from the coaching staff and the media in relation to a few players: Re Travis Johnstone, Cameron Bruce and Brad Green etc..

Obviously nobody is going to degrade their own kind, but perhaps they're not as good as we first suspected.

I didn't ask for your "expert" analysis of our list, I asked for trade rumours you knob jockey.

Broadbridge_20

All Australian
Nov 13, 2002
Beautiful Park
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Originally posted by Demon37
He is softest player on our list. You bag Heff for being soft, but he is twice as bad!!

He wasn't soft in 2002. His confidence this year for whatever reason has deserted him and if anything that was what was making him look soft. Do you remember him running into goal at the G mid year and instead of gobbling it up like he would've in 2002 he hesitated and fell over himself? If that's not a player down on confidence I dont know what is.

He's no tough man but he is no Brad Green or Chris Heffernan either. He's the type of player who can get away without being tough as nails because he plays that sweeper role accross half back, half forward and the wing to perfection. He has more than enough weapons to make up for anything he lacks in the hardness stakes.

Back