News Melbourne International Film Festival - Collingwood: From The Inside Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed the fly on the wall approach

Excellent insight

Interesting hearing Treloar talking about how he is only person in his family to own a house
Go away Gav, no carnage to see here mate. ;)

The documentary has reinforced to me how much of gun Nick Maxwell is, one of Collingwood's all time great men.
When Ads was telling Maxy how much better he was feeling mentally towards the end of his hamstring injury spell, you could quite clearly tell by Maxy's face how chuffed he was to hear that. It's no coincidence that the culture and results at the club drastically improved when he returned.

Last edited:
Incredible doco. As someone else said, clearly 'meant to be' doesn't really exist because last year was it. You've just got to make the most of the opportunities in front of you and this year is another chance.

Loved the insight into Treloar. Really gained a new appreciation for the bloke. Legend.

Bucks too. How was the alcohol collection behind him? Didn't see him as a drinker tbh. Legend.

Blairey situation was sad. You could tell there were things he wanted to say in the exit meeting but he decided to accept it.

Wish it went for 2.5 hours or more. Would have liked to see some Grand Final week stuff too. But wow. Love a good footy doc and that was the best Ive seen in a long time. Special club

Flagpies 2019

Wow this doco really did get to me. I love the way this club is going about. Truly living "side by side" slogan.

I cracked at the end with Grundy crying and Bucks letter from the West coast supporter.

Can I just repeat the same sentiment I have seen in this thread, I really hold nothing against the Eagles or their fans. Everyone has been respectful and understanding. Compared to the Lions (which I needed almost 2 decades of failure to move on from the hatred of those grand finals) and the cats from 2011 anyway.

I love this club, and I love the environment that has been built here. I love that I have heard similar things from Pendles on the Jock &Journo podcast and that I can see the love the players have for the club and the group.

No matter what happens this is a great team that I will remember fondly. Just as fondly as the 2010 team and the 2002-03 team.

Just as a side note you can see how highly Pendles rates our current team in the mental health episode (a few weeks ago) of the Jock&Journo podcast.

He said that just like the St.Kilda team of 09-10 that this team will remain in contact, catch up and remain close well after footy is over.

I wasn't going to either but was well worth it. It made me feel proud to be part of Collingwood and was an interesting insight into the club.
I didn't find it much insight into the club as an organisation, fascinating nonetheless don't get me wrong on that.
What did highlight it though, is that so much emphasis is put on the mental toughness, bonding and what not. I am probably a bit too old fashioned for that, Milleresque even( "Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your a**"). But I can imagine these days and age it is all a bit different.
About Bucks reading the letter, I remember that the Blues featured a similar segment earlier this year where Bolton read aloud what fans did for the club and what it meant for them. Bringing the young gods down to Earth so to speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow this doco really did get to me. I love the way this club is going about. Truly living "side by side" slogan.

I cracked at the end with Grundy crying and Bucks letter from the West coast supporter.

Can I just repeat the same sentiment I have seen in this thread, I really hold nothing against the Eagles or their fans. Everyone has been respectful and understanding. Compared to the Lions (which I needed almost 2 decades of failure to move on from the hatred of those grand finals) and the cats from 2011 anyway.

I love this club, and I love the environment that has been built here. I love that I have heard similar things from Pendles on the Jock &Journo podcast and that I can see the love the players have for the club and the group.

No matter what happens this is a great team that I will remember fondly. Just as fondly as the 2010 team and the 2002-03 team.
I agree, I find I still hate the Cats and even the Lions more. But, that being said, * em

The Blair exit meeting was brutal - very uncomfortable viewing. Although the fact that he was able to let his frustrations out, be pi**ed off, have a vent, and then get up and shake the hand of his coach and put his arms around him speaks volumes of his character. One of the nicest and most genuine footballers I've ever had the pleasure of meeting - hope he's doing well.
Forever a Premiership player who should be remembered for having tremendous courage. He played a critical role as a high pressure, tackling small. He played his role on a day we won a flag and gave his heart and soul in every other game for the club. And by the way, he bled for us.
8E9E82C0-8D99-412E-84A5-E85217443E46.jpeg
Onya Blairy, thanks mate.

With the documentary confirming how terrible Buckley was a coach and man manager in the early years, we really pissed away an opportunity to get another 1 or 2 flags on the back of the 2010 premiership team.

Obviously nothing we can do about it now, but in hindsight it pretty much confirms it was the wrong time to replace Malthouse with a rookie coach when we a trying to contend for premierships.

With the documentary confirming how terrible Buckley was a coach and man manager in the early years, we really pi**ed away an opportunity to get another 1 or 2 flags on the back of the 2010 premiership team.

Obviously nothing we can do about it now, but in hindsight it pretty much confirms it was the wrong time to replace Malthouse with a rookie coach when we a trying to contend for premierships.
Nothing we can do about eh??

Didn't stop you whining about it though.

PFFFT

Just watched it again with my kids and wife.

I think I cried more this time.

I f k n love this Club.

P.S #2moregames

Very very well done.

I liked that it was looking at a player on the fringe too.

Very astute as gives that perspective.
Credit to Blair for doing it too.
Probably one of the reasons he got every drop from his career. Credit to him.

Whilst his time was up as a senior football player, it’s still a tough gig.

Always a welcome premiership player at Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back