Science/Environment Melbourne is a garbage wasteland

Remove this Banner Ad

Canberra is a very clean city, as is Perth, or was last time I was there.
Probably because of their planned nature to a large extent as there are no great "urban scars" that you find in the older cities.

Canberra is just full of junkies.

I think you need to travel a bit more khief
Been to London lately? Edinburgh? New York? Paris? Sydney? Anywhere at all?

Are you trying to say those inner-cities are less safe and less clean than, say, 20 or 30 years ago?

I think it might be you that needs to travel, bung_out.

Been to London lately? Edinburgh? New York? Paris? Sydney? Anywhere at all?

Are you trying to say those inner-cities are less safe and less clean than, say, 20 or 30 years ago?

I think it might be you that needs to travel, bung_out.
Lol come on chief. Paris, New York, London more safe? Please.

Last edited:
London in the late 80s was a complete dump.
Filth everywhere you went and half the buildings looked like they were still ravaged from WW2 and not fixed up yet. Rats. Everywhere. Big ones. Grimey.

Canberra is a very clean city, as is Perth, or was last time I was there.
Probably because of their planned nature to a large extent as there are no great "urban scars" that you find in the older cities.
Partly at least it's due to most people having respect for our clean, isolated environment. There are some idiot of course but mostly people are good. We don't really have anyone else to blame .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partly at least it's due to most people having respect for our clean, isolated environment. There are some idiot of course but mostly people are good. We don't really have anyone else to blame .

We don't really have a graffiti culture here either. About 15-20 years ago the government made a concerted effort to get rid of it as soon as possible and put a lot of money into it. As a result people were a lot less likely to waste their time tagging s**t, knowing it would get deleted soon after.
You still get it around, but it's nothing like a lot of other cities. Melbourne especially.

It's the suburbs that are going to s**t. Too many tacky looking housing developments and inadequate infrastructure to support the populations cramming into them. Roads are overburdened, there's contantly roadworks being done that often make the stretch of road worse than it was before (I swear someone is just paying their mate to do pointless "improvements"). Bogans are more drug ****ed than before and immigrants are less willing to adapt to their new country. The outer suburbs are s**t and getting shitter.

I can't believe the disgusting way the St Kilda foreshore was left in on Christmas night.

My American wife and I were pissing ourselves laughing at that report on sky news. Seeing how that made national headlines, and the use of sensationalist language to drum it up was so cute. And then they interviewed 'horrified' locals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back