Melbourne is gay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Mocca
I can't understand Christians being against homosexuality on an testamental basis.

Much of Jesus' teaching specifically instructs believers to dismiss Old Testament 'laws' in favour of a more tolerant, loving faith.

I'm never quite sure why the 'turn the other cheek' mentality is thrown out the window on this issue.

Apparently too many people thought they meant "spread your other cheek"

Originally posted by Mocca
I can't understand Christians being against homosexuality on an testamental basis.

Much of Jesus' teaching specifically instructs believers to dismiss Old Testament 'laws' in favour of a more tolerant, loving faith.

Both of the people arguing the bible here (Steg and myself) are tolerant of homosexuals. So what's the problem?

Originally posted by BomberGal

Both of the people arguing the bible here (Steg and myself) are tolerant of homosexuals. So what's the problem?

So, you're tolerant of homosexuals, yet you feel you need to point out that homosexuality is a sin?

Since when did labelling a group of people "sinners" become "tolerance?"

You are a perfect example of why children should not be forced into any religion until they are old enough to make the choice themselves.

You have been brainwashed since birth.

I don't live my life by the bible.

You DO live your life by the bible.

After all, you believe homosexuals are "sinners."

You would not think that way had you not been brainwashed since birth.

Get real. My parents gave me a strong Christian upbringing.

Your parents should be arrested for teaching untruths.

As for your "tolerance" towards homosexual "sinners", at least you're contradicting yourself as blatantly as the bible does.

God would be proud of you.

Just remember - the world was flat 2000 years ago as well.

Who's been brainwashed since birth?

I suppose it depends on what side of the fence one sits.

As long as the fence itself remains in good order, I don't mind.

Cheers, gPhonque from the right-hand-side of the fence.

PS: Would you mind mowing the grass. Your side of the fence looks untidy.

As I posted about this time yesterday:
Debating religion on non-religious message boards rarely achieves any worthwhile purpose other than re-inforcing established prejudices through a flame war.
And the stuff that's been posted on this thread since then proves my point.

Originally posted by gPhonque

So, you're tolerant of homosexuals, yet you feel you need to point out that homosexuality is a sin?

Since when did labelling a group of people "sinners" become "tolerance?"

You DO live your life by the bible.

After all, you believe homosexuals are "sinners."

You would not think that way had you not been brainwashed since birth.

a) Prove that I live my life by the bible. I wouldn't have a clue of most of the stuff in there, only the major stories and morals. You obviously know something about me I'm not aware that you know?

b) I was backing up Steg in that the bible does say homosexuality is a sin. How hard is that to understand?

c) Prove that I'm not tolerant of homosexuals, because last time I checked, I've never done anything against them.

d) Brainwashed since birth? I never took much notice of the fact I went to church regularly. I stopped going since I was about 13. It has only been recently, due to circumstances you are not privy to, that I've decided I wanted to have an interest in religion.

Besides, if I were you, I'd hardly be going on about tolerance.

Oh, re my parents should be arrested for telling untruths: yeah, well it was actually the ministers/elders who taught me. Wanna arrest every one of them across the country...or world?

Originally posted by TigerTank
Who's been brainwashed since birth?

Those who label homosexuals "sinners."

I suppose it depends on what side of the fence one sits.

No, not really. Not everybody on the other side of the fence feels the need to insult minority groups.

As long as the fence itself remains in good order, I don't mind.

Why must there be a fence to begin with?

Cheers, gPhonque from the right-hand-side of the fence.

I like you TigerTank. You're so polite.

PS: Would you mind mowing the grass. Your side of the fence looks untidy.

No, all's fine over here. You may want to check out your side though, as there seems to be a couple of intolerant fools over there who can't accept the fact that homosexuality is not a sin in this day and age.

Cheers. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to be tolerant of homosexuals until I found this public toilet in St Kilda where they all congregate at night. Then I became very intolerant, for long enough to bash **** out of one of these ****ards.

I justify this on two counts: 1) the world is better off with one less homosexual 2) Me and my male friends had a great night out together.

And that's what it's all about isn't it?

If these NTTAWWTters realised how much I hate them and what they do to the youth of this country, they'd stop.

I find it unconscionable that two humans should make love to each other. Disgusting.

Just trying to be agreeable and fit in with what everone else is thinking. Unlike yourself, I've never read a book, much less THE book.

I envy you, in that you'll never have to THINK again.

I used to be tolerant of homosexuals until I found this public toilet in St Kilda where they all congregate at night. Then I became very intolerant, for long enough to bash **** out of one of these ****ards.

I justify this on two counts: 1) the world is better off with one less homosexual 2) Me and my male friends had a great night out together.

And that's what it's all about isn't it?

If these NTTAWWTters realised how much I hate them and what they do to the youth of this country, they'd stop.

I find it unconscionable that two humans should make love to each other. Disgusting.

Fair effort this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back