Melbourne is gay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Stegelator
That was the law in that time..it says that we must obeyt the laws of the land and that was the laws of the land at that time...

And there in lies the point.It was 2,000 years ago.The world has changed somewhat in that time and it's probably a good idea to change with it.
Also how do we honestly know how much of the Bible was changed to suit over the years(eg: King James' interpretation comes to mind).
I don't dispute your right to worship whoever you want as you see fit.But I will question it however when sweeping statements such as all homosexuals are evil are made on the basis of some rantings by one person some two thousand years back.Let's face it if biblical Jerusalem had talkback radio Leviticus would have been a shock jock.
I've got nothing against Christians personally.Some of my best friends are Christians;) .And I judge them on their deeds and actions not what they are.Would you like all Christians to be judged the same as the Catholic priests who have been charged with paedophilla and child abuse or the Klu Klux Klan?

Originally posted by gPhonque

Well, if religious knobs stopped feeling the need to label gay people "sinners" every time there is a discussion of some kind about homosexuality, then perhaps us non-religious types would not have any reason to need to point out how full of sh|t the bible is.

I'll say it again. We're just telling you how the bible sees it.

So you admit that God was/is a homophobic redneck?

Um

what?

Originally posted by BomberGal

How some people 2000 years ago saw it. Hope you don't work on a Sunday.

Originally posted by Stegelator
That was the law in that time..it says that we must obeyt the laws of the land and that was the laws of the land at that time...

Uhh ..

But the writings of the bible came from a prophet from gods own words to this prophet right?

Then why the hell would they put in laws of the land? Those laws dictated by people? In the bible? Bit sus if you ask me ...

So you admit that God was/is a homophobic redneck?
He's a Geelong supporter?

Originally posted by TheMase

Uhh ..

But the writings of the bible came from a prophet from gods own words to this prophet right?

Then why the hell would they put in laws of the land? Those laws dictated by people? In the bible? Bit sus if you ask me ...

:confused:

Because the laws of the land are God's words too.

Do you take everything in the bible as gospel?

(Lev. 20:13) "If a man lies with a male as a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them."

Ive never seen a court condemn a homosexual to death....have you?

Just telling you how the bible sees it....

I think it's gross to be gay. I mean if people were made to be gay then why are their two sexes?

Why would over half the population be straight?

Gay people just look wrong. It's not the right thing and nothing can come from it. I mean they can't have kids, if they do how bad do you think it would be fror them through life and in primary school when some one asks what do your mum and dad do and they will say I have 2 muns or 2 dads people will think they are freaks.

Originally posted by prized bitch

Do you take everything in the bible as gospel?

(Lev. 20:13) "If a man lies with a male as a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them."

Ive never seen a court condemn a homosexual to death....have you?

Just telling you how the bible sees it....

I already said, no I don't see everything as gospel. But the sins are still sins, despite how they are seen today. Even though I do a lot of them and I am not particulary worried. I think I'm coming across as overly religious here, which is wrong, because I'm not, I just had a strong Christian upbringing and that influences me today. I don't believe homosexuality is wrong because it says so in the bible. I'm just agreeing with Steg that it is one argument against it. And I have nothing against being gay.

:confused:

Because the laws of the land are God's words too.

Unfortunately we are all going to hell ...

Actually IIRC Earth is hell.

When Judgement day comes God takes to 'good' ones with him, and the bad ones are left on Earth for Satan to take over and make slaves out of them all ...

I can't understand people who get on their moral high horse, preaching the bible and saying that homosexuality is a "sin". They are intolerant of homosexuality, yet tolerant to other sexual practises that are equally condemned in the bible (premarital sex, fornication, adultery....).

Christians may not be able to condone homosexuality because the bible tells them that it is a sin, however, where is the biblical mandate that says they must rebuke those that partake in such a lifestyle?:confused: :confused:

Okay, first, I have nothing against gays. I've got a few gay friends, and as much as can be said about their "NTTAWWTy voices", I'm hoping you realise that not all gays are like that. It's not like they turn around one day and go: "oh gee, I'm gay. Golly gosh, time for my voice to change pitch!" Hell, I didn't even know one of them was gay, until I got inroduced to his new fella. Which by the way ladies.... the gods were certainly smiling on the males the day they made these two! Such a shame for women all over the world! ;)

I'm against the public affection between two people. ANY two people, if it's out of control. Holding hands, and a quick peck here and there, are nothing to get hoidy toidy about though!

Have to agree with Spidey on the young generation of today, with their 'hello - goodbye hugs'.... just plain annoying! But then, all the space-cadet-teeny-boppers of today have no respect for anything outside their loop... it's their world you know!?! All little kids should be locked in their rooms at 6pm, and not let out until it's time for them to go to school again! Yes! I don't like little people! Get over it! :eek:

Now with this whole bible cobarcle (sp?). I don't believe in God. I find it hard to have faith in a creation(?), when I don't have faith in my fellow man.

But that being said... I don't label anyone who is lucky enough to have faith in something an idiot. Good for them, at least they've got something to look forward to.... in life and death!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we are all going to hell ...

Actually IIRC Earth is hell.

When Judgement day comes God takes to 'good' ones with him, and the bad ones are left on Earth for Satan to take over and make slaves out of them all ...

One of the main Christian beliefs is that Jesus will take us to the promised end, so those of us that believe will have no problem anyway :D

Originally posted by xBinny
Okay, first, I have nothing against gays. I've got a few gay friends, and as much as can be said about their "NTTAWWTy voices", I'm hoping you realise that not all gays are like that. It's not like they turn around one day and go: "oh gee, I'm gay. Golly gosh, time for my voice to change pitch!" Hell, I didn't even know one of them was gay, until I got inroduced to his new fella. Which by the way ladies.... the gods were certainly smiling on the males the day they made these two! Such a shame for women all over the world! ;)

That isnt always the case. A friend of mine 'turned' gay or 'came out' and well he has become more stereotypical gay ever since, like he is trying to fit into the image for some reason.

I'm against the public affection between two people. ANY two people, if it's out of control. Holding hands, and a quick peck here and there, are nothing to get hoidy toidy about though!

Completely agree.

Have to agree with Spidey on the young generation of today, with their 'hello - goodbye hugs'.... just plain annoying! But then, all the space-cadet-teeny-boppers of today have no respect for anything outside their loop... it's their world you know!?!

Argh, dont get me started on teeny boppers

That isnt always the case. A friend of mine 'turned' gay or 'came out' and well he has become more stereotypical gay ever since, like he is trying to fit into the image for some reason.

yeh thats wot i reckon too they put on some kind of act to advertise their sexuality. We dont go parading round like they do coz we **** the opposite sex so why do they gotta go parading round just coz they **** the same sex. In year 9 i had a gay freind (even tho i made him turn one time when he came over:D) and he was always putting on this walk and this voice and its like shut up stop acting gay :rolleyes:!

Agree with xbinny on some points there....cant stand ppl practically ****ing in public its so rude mannered. As for some of the gay guys bein hot pwoah kno wot ya mean there some of them r not too bad in their tight lil pants lol!

That's a bit of a generalisation.

I'm certainly not intolerant of it for one.

If you were 100% tolerant of homosexual people you would find no need to turn to the bible and point out that homosexuality is a "sin"..........Live and let live.

One of the main Christian beliefs is that Jesus will take us to the promised end, so those of us that believe will have no problem anyway :D

So you're a Christian? That explains everything, I thought you were merely *ed.

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk

yeh thats wot i reckon too they put on some kind of act to advertise their sexuality. We dont go parading round like they do coz we **** the opposite sex so why do they gotta go parading round just coz they **** the same sex. In year 9 i had a gay freind (even tho i made him turn one time when he came over:D) and he was always putting on this walk and this voice and its like shut up stop acting gay :rolleyes:!

Agree with xbinny on some points there....cant stand ppl practically ****ing in public its so rude mannered. As for some of the gay guys bein hot pwoah kno wot ya mean there some of them r not too bad in their tight lil pants lol!

I would find someone "flashing" themselves in public more inappropriate than a display of affection.......

Originally posted by prized bitch

If you were 100% tolerant of homosexual people you would find no need to turn to the bible and point out that homosexuality is a "sin".........

Says who?

I am competely tolerant of religious of homosexual people. I was backing up Steg.

Originally posted by Docker_Brat

So you're a Christian? That explains everything, I thought you were merely *ed.

:rolleyes: Yes, I am, but harsh...

I can't understand Christians being against homosexuality on an testamental basis.

Much of Jesus' teaching specifically instructs believers to dismiss Old Testament 'laws' in favour of a more tolerant, loving faith.

I'm never quite sure why the 'turn the other cheek' mentality is thrown out the window on this issue.

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
the bible is a security blanket for ppl

too incapable of running their lives on their own so have to turn to some old book on how they should go about everything!

OK, Hang on, hang on!

Get real. My parents gave me a strong Christian upbringing. I don't live my life by the bible. Neither do many Christians. We just believe it to be the word of God and one of the foundations of the religion. I'm perfectly capable of running my life.

Heathen. :mad: The world would be a better place without shallow, narrow minded people like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back