Melbourne is the form team in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Every side loses. This is Melbourne's week. People need to stop acting like good sides never ever lose. The overractions on bigfooty are laughable.

We are 8-4 but no doubt every flog and his dog will be calling us pretenders now.
Collingwood deserve the pump up they'll get all week, were brilliant.

We are 8-4 but no doubt every flog and his dog will be calling us pretenders now.

So true! 8-4 yet now after one loss in over a month and a half the Dees are "crap". 6 points clear of #9 half way through the season, yet "crap". Can't listen to that shite.

With our full team in maybe but we are copping minor injuries here and there at the moment and are vulnerable against the cats this week.

Geelong is a worry this week, you don't want to be dropping many more. If 2 interstate sides get top 2, then Tigers got to do what they haven't been able all year to get that comfy MCG final: Win out of Victoria.

Geelong is a worry this week, you don't want to be dropping many more. If 2 interstate sides get top 2, then Tigers got to do what they haven't been able all year to get that comfy MCG final: Win out of Victoria.
Not necessarily.

Say Geelong finishes 4th and beats the top team in the QF. Richmond finishes 3rd and lose away at Optus for example, then wins a home semi final.

Nek minnit, a date with the Cats at the G in the PF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily.

Say Geelong finishes 4th and beats the top team in the QF. Richmond finishes 3rd and lose away at Optus for example, then wins a home semi final.

Nek minnit, a date with the Cats at the G in the PF.

There are many variables, yes. But who knows, with Port's run home they could jump up to the 4 too. Then things get really interesting.

You are pretenders. Still flat track bullies and down hill skiers. You will make the eight, perhaps win a game or two in the finals but then get smashed by a real contender. Nothing surer...

You are pretenders. Still flat track bullies and down hill skiers. You will make the eight, perhaps win a game or two in the finals but then get smashed by a real contender. Nothing surer...

Remember when Richmond lost by a s**t load to Stkilda last year and were losing all the close one? Couldn't be more impressive 20 games later. How about we wait until later before making definitive calls.

How many of those 8 wins are against teams currently sitting in the bottom 7? I count 6. When you've had two wins against the top 11 teams (and one of those was against a severely injury impacted Adelaide) after 12 rounds, I reckon every flog and his dog might have a point.

lmao, so this is the best team over the last month........ flat-track bullies, dont bother bringing up the 91 point belting of last yr's grand finalist. Adelaid had like 10 from last yr's gf missing. richmond went down by 2 goals with only martin missing. Melbourne might be a decent side that is to say they are able to compete with most side and not lose by 60 points. Top 4, not gonna happen. Is good enough to be 5 - 8 side consistently now, taking the next step? that's not guaranteed. you only have limited time to take the next step forward, you miss that window you are gone. GWS has missed it, Adelaide has missed it, bulldogs has lost it, PA floundering, WC's last chance saloon before gaff goes.

How many of those 8 wins are against teams currently sitting in the bottom 7? I count 6. When you've had two wins against the top 11 teams (and one of those was against a severely injury impacted Adelaide) after 12 rounds, I reckon every flog and his dog might have a point.
Maybe you should take a look at the Adelaide team on the park when we played them over there and compare it with our team on the park. You may then have some sort of idea rather than shooting your mouth off like you know what you are talking about.

Adelaide were also in the 8 when we played them. We have only lost against 2 teams in the 8.

Maybe you should take a look at the Adelaide team on the park when we played them over there and compare it with our team on the park. You may then have some sort of idea rather than shooting your mouth off like you know what you are talking about.

Adelaide were also in the 8 when we played them. We have only lost against 2 teams in the 8.

Maybe you should read the posting chain before replying. Which team do you think my post was about? I wasn't talking about Collingwood. I've been saying Collingwood were a good side since back when they'd just lost to Hawthorn and GWS and everyone else was calling for Buckley's head.

At the start of the year that would of been considered a success, also how would winning finals make them a pretender?

A pretender maybe if you expected them to win every game for the rest of the year possibly?

I can’t wait till my side is a pretender again and criticized for not beating anyone good when we are 8-4

I said it last week and it was either you or one of your compratriots who agreed with me, people were always going to treat this game as the be all and end all in defining the seasons of either Collingwood and/or Melbourne.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s just another round of footy, from 23 rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back