Melbourne Legend Robert Flower passes away.

Spook

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2003
Top of the pile looking down
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Claremont
70s and 80s legend and hall of famer. i think it might be robbie flower

Who said 70s 80s legend? I was listening to sEN, I must have missed it
If you are implying that's me, you are wrong.

I'm in no hurry to find out.

This would be really concerning news to Melbourne fans in particular and now they are just going to stew about it.

No no. I did say impatient people.

Robert Flower had a pretty serious heart condition from memory. Hall of famer who played in the 70s and 80s...

3AW should have just shut up. If they weren't going to release the name, why bother?
Yes.

Klaus

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Robert Flower had a pretty serious heart condition from memory. Hall of famer who played in the 70s and 80s...

3AW should have just shut up. If they weren't going to release the name, why bother?
It ended his career IIRC, he was playing great footy in his final season, kicking bags of goals in the 1987 finals series.

FootyGeek

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Robbie Flower recently had open heart surgery. Hope it is not him. A class person all round.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

I guessing that Sheahan , who was supposed to be on tonight 3aw segment , wasn't and this is the reason why , but as Sheahan would have been one of the first to know wouldn't have wanted it public before other family hade been told.

Demonheart

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2002
MCG, pocket, Punt rd end
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Victory, Hereford
Absolutely gutted by this news, I still remember the day my dad took me to his sports store and had the great man pick out my first proper cricket bat.

As a kid he was the only bright part of following the MFC, had #2 on my back since I was a little kid all the way to year 12 playing in my final schools footy game.

Incredibly sad news

Back