Universal Love Melbourne memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Growing up I loved Jeff White. After a win the family went to a club function and I was very keen to get White to sign my jumper. My Dad put me on his shoulders to look for him.

Someone from the club magazine saw me and thought it would be a nice little photo op. They grabbed Cameron Bruce and had him take a photo with me.

Afterwards he tried to have a chat but I couldn't give two shits, I just wanted to meet my hero and I left him there and wandered off embarrassing my whole family.

So apparently Cameron Bruce was really nice but I wouldn't know about it myself. Didn't even find White. :(

I've always said you're an arrogant campaigner.

Oh and on the topic of intercepts, ol' Frosty (at the peak of his Frostball powers) storming off the bench, yoinking Grundy's handball and launching a bomb from outside 50 was a cracker

I was at this game in 2016. I was in a bay full of pies supporters just giving it to Jesse White all afternoon. I don't know why, but me and my mate were having a time. By the end of the game the pies supporters around me went from telling me to shut up to agreeing with me.

Also the 2017 QB live is one of the best games i've attended live, Watts, the post game boos (we did get some lucky ones). I obvs knew of our 'rivalry' but that game felt like a classic and therefore lived up to what i envisioned a prime Melbourne Collingwood game to be. Yep that game and the 2018 Elim are my best live attends

I was at this game in 2016. I was in a bay full of pies supporters just giving it to Jesse White all afternoon. I don't know why, but me and my mate were having a time. By the end of the game the pies supporters around me went from telling me to shut up to agreeing with me.

Also the 2017 QB live is one of the best games i've attended live, Watts, the post game boos (we did get some lucky ones). I obvs knew of our 'rivalry' but that game felt like a classic and therefore lived up to what i envisioned a prime Melbourne Collingwood game to be. Yep that game and the 2018 Elim are my best live attends
Yeah all the MCG Finals in 18' were phenomenal. The atmosphere.
Sam Weidman Standing up big time.
Attended both in person, knocking those Pesky Cats Out was the best! Some much needed emotional healing from the decade the preceded it.

I've told this before but Gaz Lyon told us to get ****ed in invy, we were pissed as at midday and carrying another slab yelling go dees and he was with his son so probably fair enough 😅

There’s a chance, a decent chance, that incident was provoked by your character TK … not Garry’s.

Yeah all the MCG Finals in 18' were phenomenal. The atmosphere.
Sam Weidman Standing up big time.
Attended both in person, knocking those Pesky Cats Out was the best! Some much needed emotional healing from the decade the preceded it.
2018 Elim for sure is special. In that point in time the last time we made finals i was in grade 5, i'd finished highschool and further studies. 12 years old to 24 in that space of time still boggles my mind. I had no memories of the 06 finals, so many septembers as a teen wishing melbourne would be there around my birthday (September baby). Watching big games and crowds always wondering if we'd ever get a chance to play in big games.

I know we expect it now, but in 2018 after so long it was exciting just to make it, to come away with two wins as well at packed MCG's was more than i hoped for. But yeah that Elim, living in reginal vic makes it hard to get to games, but that game i was detremined to get to no matter what as i'm sure so where a lot of us.

Cats mate who gave it to me for both games during the year, getting some back was just perfect too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back