News Melbourne player accused of sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but that's a different scenario. Being naked in front of a camera by choice isn't comparable to sexual harrasment.

If I had a daughter I'd be telling her not to send photos to anyone she wouldn't be happy with other people seeing. Basically don't be stupid.
I blame the son who wasn't taught to respect his partner's privacy.

Look, I understand that it won't be leaked if its not taken. But it was Broad's fault and he should be missing double the weeks he was given.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
And if someone is foolish enough to not lock their house when no one is home does that diminish the culpability of the person who commits theft by entering that house and making off with assorted items? They have still committed a crime irrespective of the circumstances that allowed them to do it. The concern beyond the criminal act is that so many people have an automatic knee-jerk reaction to seek to wave away the crime by focusing their criticism on the victim, and justifying this attitude because the victim may not have been as wise, or cynical, or untrusting, or even just as experienced as some would think they should have been.

Unfortunately this attitude is still quite common, especially in matters of sexual assault. But fortunately, as we have recently seen, things are changing.

If someone commits a crime, that is on them. However, how easy the victim makes it to commit a crime is a relevant factor. If you don't enjoy having crimes perpetrated against you, I suggest looking into prevention methods. If you're genuinely interested in helping those close to you, then surely some suggestions on how to avoid precarious / dangerous situations is constructive.

Unsure why the need to badger on about the crime here; no one has said a person committing a crime should be let off or is somehow not responsible for their actions.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I blame the son who wasn't taught to respect his partner's privacy.

Look, I understand that it won't be leaked if its not taken. But it was Broad's fault and he should be missing double the weeks he was given.

I don't think anyone has attempted to wash broad of any responsibility mate. I also guarantee that half the people here over reacting about pointing out the girl was partly culpable would have been happy to call Swan and Cloke dick heads when they were shot in the nude

I don't think anyone has attempted to wash broad of any responsibility mate. I also guarantee that half the people here over reacting about pointing out the girl was partly culpable would have been happy to call Swan and Cloke dick heads when they were shot in the nude
Woman's Day should have been sued Hulk Hogan style over that

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I think most people with half a brain thought that the women who got a hold of those images specifically to shop them to shitty media were a kind of collective nasty piece of work - and they’re dead lucky the laws hadn’t been enacted at the time for them to have been charged with an offence.

Collingwood did as well as anyone in diffusing the matter by dismissing it with a bit of “our boys were very silly” eye roll stuff - but the women who did that were trolls.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Collingwood did as well as anyone in diffusing the matter by dismissing it with a bit of “our boys were very silly” eye roll stuff - but the women who did that were trolls.

stop-victim-blaming.jpg

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I think most people with half a brain thought that the women who got a hold of those images specifically to shop them to shitty media were a kind of collective nasty piece of work - and they’re dead lucky the laws hadn’t been enacted at the time for them to have been charged with an offence.
This is true.

It's also true that I found the whole thing kind of funny and therefore I applaud these women for their service to the community.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Isn't that the point though? Collingwood dealt with it by telling them to smarten up because the guys have to take responsibility where as any suggestion the girl has to in the flip scenario is met with comparisons to far worse crimes and victim blaming accusations

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Isn't that the point though? Collingwood dealt with it by telling them to smarten up because the guys have to take responsibility where as any suggestion the girl has to in the flip scenario is met with comparisons to far worse crimes and victim blaming accusations
You pay too much attention to people on the internet.

Collingwood said what had to be said to diffuse the situation ASAP and get the media and public to move onto the next scandal.

Some people make OTT comparisons in internet discussions because of whatever makes people make OTT comparisons.

There is no reason for a gender war on this one. It’s a shitty thing to do to share intimate photos intended to be private to anyone, men included. It is probably a good idea if posing for a cheeky picture to consider the risks, and how much you can trust the person who has possession of the photo.

Now. Back to the thread. I wonder if we will hear anything about the purported assault thing again? The story seems to have fizzled.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You pay too much attention to people on the internet.

Collingwood said what had to be said to diffuse the situation ASAP and get the media and public to move onto the next scandal.

Some people make OTT comparisons in internet discussions because of whatever makes people make OTT comparisons.

There is no reason for a gender war on this one. It’s a shitty thing to do to share intimate photos intended to be private to anyone, men included. It is probably a good idea if posing for a cheeky picture to consider the risks, and how much you can trust the person who has possession of the photo.

Now. Back to the thread. I wonder if we will hear anything about the purported assault thing again? The story seems to have fizzled.

To be fair it's hard to talk about Richmond players sharing tit photos in Canada with real people ..

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
To be fair it's hard to talk about Richmond players sharing tit photos in Canada with real people ..
Canadians don’t follow the daily movements of THE PREMIERS??? Keep that one to yourself - more than a few Tiger supporters would die instantly of shock

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

I think we haven't heard anything because what can they do? Issue was overseas so VicPol can't really do anything, from what I've heard the girl isn't pressing charges so they're sorta just hoping it goes away I think. I know the HSun contacted both the club and the AFL for news and got nothing.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I think we haven't heard anything because what can they do? Issue was overseas so VicPol can't really do anything, from what I've heard the girl isn't pressing charges so they're sorta just hoping it goes away I think. I know the HSun contacted both the club and the AFL for news and got nothing.
Yes. Which is honestly all that should happen if this remains just an allegation. It just can’t be the basis for destroying someone’s career - and I don’t say that because it’s a Melbourne player involved either.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You’re a nuisance, you know that? Do not go looking for a stupid gif either.

What a hurtful thing to say. I'd like to speak to your supervisor.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes. Which is honestly all that should happen if this remains just an allegation. It just can’t be the basis for destroying someone’s career - and I don’t say that because it’s a Melbourne player involved either.

I'd imagine the AFL will probably give them some punishment even though they've never been found guilty of anything. I'd have no issue with sacking the player no matter who it is should they be guilty, but seriously doubt we'll ever find out the truth.

AFL Integrity Unit is "investigating". Whatever that means.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Right because they are capable of gathering evidence of international crimes like the ******* CIA. They probably know as much as we do
All I can think they could do is interview the woman, the accused player and maybe the other players in Bali at the time. The only way I can see that they can act, though, is if the accused player admits any part of wrongdoing (not necessarily assault - drunken thoughtlessness or something).

All I can think they could do is interview the woman, the accused player and maybe the other players in Bali at the time. The only way I can see that they can act, though, is if the accused player admits any part of wrongdoing (not necessarily assault - drunken thoughtlessness or something).

Depiction of the AFL 'Integrity' department interviewing the woman...
upload_2018-1-12_11-26-7.jpeg

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back