Melbourne players approach AFLPA to have training camp cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

30 mins of sleep over 72 hours is disgraceful and those who were organising the camp and ticking off those sorts of exercises need to be held accountable.

We should drop everyone who complained for the first six rounds of the season.
Who knows, we might. Goody strikes me as a never forget guy. If that’s the case though, I hope the complainers were fringe types.

It sounds downright stupid, I am glad they cancelled the camp. They can just do some actual training instead.

Melbourne Storm did it the past couple of years and they won the flag in one of the most dominant seasons ever.

Can’t be that bad for you if you’re willing to do the work.

Melbourne Storm did it the past couple of years and they won the flag in one of the most dominant seasons ever.

No they actually didn’t, only their new players to the club each year do it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

30 minutes sleep across three days would have legitimately no benefit to any human being. Probably more detrimental to their fitness than beneficial.

Under what scenario would an afl player need to be put through sleep deprivation in order to function better . What a load of s**t .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it. I can see that it would teach you to dig deeper and find reserves that you possibly didn't know you had. Probably a good bonding exercise and teaching of reliance on teammates. But 30 minutes sleep in 3 days is taking it too far.

Time for you to stop posting in this thread, adding nothing.

We’re gonna hear about this all year aren’t we? The first loss will be met with a chorus of “should’ve gone on the camp”.

Hopefully it’s not in Round 1.

We’re gonna hear about this all year aren’t we? The first loss will be met with a chorus of “should’ve gone on the camp”.

Hopefully it’s not in Round 1.

Every time we lose
Every bad quarter
Every slow start
Every lead we surrender

It will be never ending. Even if we lose a GF that will be the reason because we weren't all a giant orgy like the Tigers

Your not entirely correct there.

The Melbourne Storm make all new players do that camp but the players only ever do it once. They don't continually do it every season!

Your not entirely correct there.

The Melbourne Storm make all new players do that camp but the players only ever do it once. They don't continually do it every season!

Which means everyone on our list except for Lever, Balic and the draftees have already done the camp and are ready to dominate like the storm. Since it is the camp that has made them so successful and most of our players have now done the camp it means that we will win lots of premierships and have melbourne storm like success. This is what a Richmond supporter is saying as well, and they are the authority on success so we can finally get excited people.

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but I hadn't seen it and it belongs here:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-22/aborted-camp-wont-define-demons-season

"I've been surprised with the attention that it's gathered. We build programs together as a footy club and our players are a really important part of that," Goodwin said.

"For a long time now we've been working on building people who are hard-working, competitive, resilient and that happens daily.

"So two days in a camp isn't going to define the Melbourne footy club and it's certainly not going to define how we go this year."

For better or worse us cancelling the camp is part of footy folklore now...a bit like Nigel Smart's walk across the coals.

Politician-like answer by Goodwin, he would understand perfectly well why it's garnered attention. But he's there to protect the players so all good.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It's going to be dragged out so many times by media and opponents this season.

I heard a story from last year's camp, that a young bloke was refused permission to stop whatever task they were doing so he could go to the bathroom, and ended up shitting himself. How humiliating for the young fella, whoever he was, and daresay he would have been a player who went to the AFLPA if he is still on our list.

Think it will be a tough season for us, off field. Even if we go 15-7 and make top 4, that's 7 opportunities to pull the ol' cancelled training camp card and question our mental toughness and Goodwin's capabilities. And that's best case scenario.

Probably best to avoid AFL 360, Herald Sun, Twitter, BigFooty main board and ESPECIALLY Demonland after any loss in 2018.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the training camp being canned, but still have scars from season 2017 itself. Hard to get excited over potential early wins knowing what happened last year.

Which means everyone on our list except for Lever, Balic and the draftees have already done the camp and are ready to dominate like the storm. Since it is the camp that has made them so successful and most of our players have now done the camp it means that we will win lots of premierships and have melbourne storm like success. This is what a Richmond supporter is saying as well, and they are the authority on success so we can finally get excited people.
It’s amazing how much Richmond supporters all of a sudden ‘know’ everything about success. Literally one decent season in 37 and they can hand out advice like they’re an encyclopaedia on it. They’ve been the most vocal campaigners on the threads about the training camp.

The only thing that’ll shut these f*** wits up is a flag.

It's going to be dragged out so many times by media and opponents this season.

I heard a story from last year's camp, that a young bloke was refused permission to stop whatever task they were doing so he could go to the bathroom, and ended up shitting himself. How humiliating for the young fella, whoever he was, and daresay he would have been a player who went to the AFLPA if he is still on our list.
To be fair though Toumpas spent three years shitting himself on field and to his credit never went to the AFLPA about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back