Melbourne Rebels Jersey Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm\Victory\Bushrangers\Rebels
With the new Melbourne Super 15's franchise starting next year, I would to see designs that people have. If possible please include a home and away kit (shirt, shorts, socks) with the sponsors on. Also would be great if anybody has a 'template' so people can start their own designs. Go Rebels in 2011!

How do we attach pics also i have started a group Rebellion Rugby for the Rebel Army

the-arc-melbourne-rebels-jersey-and-colours.jpg

found that on google images, is what they wore in the only ARU season a couple of yrs back, and expect it will get run in the super 15's

Looks like a bad case of geelong, surely they would have enough money for new jerseys and logo, since they didn't spend any money on a nickname.

might look like a "bad case of geelong" but it is decent, and with the amount of sponsorships being plastered over the jerseys, i think it is a good one to have.

What is the point in having this ubeaute modernised thing is you cant see it?

I'm almost certain it will be that design, or a reversed, majority-blue version they use for the state teams now.

That design of jumper has been the VRU's state jumper for God knows how long, and it's only fitting it see S15 action.

They are still going to have to get a second or even third jersey, as they will come up against'
Auckland
Stormers
Bulls
Force etc.
There is too many clubs in the comp with the navy blue, black colours already.
Maybe use thr jersey they have for just home games?

The guy at Rugby Fever said that he thought the colours would be red, grey and white, due to too many teams already having blue in the comp. Would fit in well, with the Heart jumper.

Not to bad mouth the guys at Rugby Fever, but they were flogging "Victorian Rebels" merch (with the old ARC logo changed to a V) before November last year.

Blue will be on the jersey. As mention in another thread here, marketing items will be out at the next Weary Dunlop lunch, Thursday July 29.

Plus Red and Grey are Crusaders Away colours and it looks shocking.
Blue is Victorian, but is Melbourne so obvious colours are Red and Blue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's good Mitch, i still like the other ones tho, i like the eureka flag to maybe a styleised southern cross on the front would be nice?

Created a couple more, first one is the original design minus sponsor logos, sort of a "fan" jumper that the club might dish off to somewhere like Kmart (simmilar to how those stores stock official AFL merch minus sponsors)

second one is how it would turn out with sponsor logos plastered all over it

thoughts?

rebelnologo.png

rebellogos.png

Doing some good work Mitch i like the Blue and Red, Melbournes not so black i think, pesonally i'd go with the second and put the sponsor above the flag.

2 english nice jersey tho, i think thats y ppl are going with the southern cross it's in the VIC flag

2 english nice jersey tho, i think thats y ppl are going with the southern cross it's in the VIC flag

actually, people are going with the Eureka flag, as in the Eureka Stokade (during the goldrush) in which, the group of REBELS burned the british flag and replaced it with a blue flag with a white cross featuring the southern cross, created out of all recycled fabric from old clothing.

It is basically where victoria gained its own identity away from the monarch, and partly what the Australian flag is based on

I was just making it off the idea Ice-Wolf had, I would prefer to have the Southern Cross on the jersey.

If we are having a history lesson Mitch.
It was not called the Eureka flag until after the Eureka stockade tragedy, they pledged to stand true to the Southern Cross and their liberties which the English were trying to take away.

from wikipedia:
According to Frank Cayley's book, Flag of Stars, the flag's five stars represent the Southern Cross, and the white cross joining the stars represents unity in defiance.

Also the "eureka flag" looks similar to the federation flag:

from my old school book that i can just read.
The whole tragedy was a fight for miners rights they were foced into some desperate matters, they were paying money every month for "licences" and so forth and it all came to a head on Backery Hills (i think).

Anyway the Eureka Flag is on the Victorian Hritage Register and might not be allowed to be used you could always contact them and ask.

So a styleised Southern Cross would work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back