Melbourne Related Trade Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah i was thinking walker was an attacker or if yo want to take it further possible forward.

i dont think anyone really expected alwyn to come to melbourne, hell even if there was some chance i think melbourne may have shut it down coz a small forward is not we are after atm. And that is the only pos that alwyn should be playing imo.

im pretty sure that it was just a caller (carlton supporter i believe) who suggested that, and walls said that if melbourne got that deal they would be running rings around the MCG

It wasnt a caller, it was the Starksy and Hutch discussing it and then a caller called in.

We have been reported as being interested in J.Sherman from Brissy... most likely going to Bulldogs... thoughts?

We have been reported as being interested in J.Sherman from Brissy... most likely going to Bulldogs... thoughts?

Interesting. He's a good player, I wouldn't object against it lol. Depending on what we'd have to give etc.

I would take Walker & Grigg from Carlton in return for Warnock. Win for us!
I wouldn't take Hale & #17 from North in return for #12 & #32. Big loss for us!

Probably, Carlton want a late Pick or D Bell with Warnock. They might be interested in D Bell.

I agree with Hale trade. It is too expensive and for a 26 year old, Pick 32 is the best and ideal price. I recalled Ben Holland when he was 25 years old was traded for Pick 20. It was pretty expensive !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are seriously looking to trade #12 & #32 why not throw that at Mitch Clarke. I would much prefer to be giving them up for him than Hale. Clarke couldn't be on much more than Hale either so I would much prefer to be paying Clarke $400+k than Hale.
Clarke is younger, stronger, better & has more runs on the board than Hale. I'm sure we could convince him that Victoria is the place to live rather than returning home to WA too.

The Dees have 2 players useful: Gawn and Fitzpatrick.

Why they can't develop these 2 young boys and after Hale?

Surely, both can fit this bill to support Jamar and FF's :rolleyes:

I'd be very happy with Grigg and Walker for Bell and Warnock, sounds like a great deal for us. My Dad supports Carlton and I watch a few games with him, Grigg really came on in the second half of the year and I reckon he could definitely be a player.

Plus, we'd still have #12 and #32 to go after some combo of gun KPF/best available utility/speculative KPF or ruckman.

Unfortunately I reckon it'll never happen.

Did someone suggest that trade, or did you just suggest it? Because I heard someone say Grigg/Walker for Warnock yesterday on trade radio. Barett n co didn't agree of coarse but, still lol.

Did someone suggest that trade, or did you just suggest it? Because I heard someone say Grigg/Walker for Warnock yesterday on trade radio. Barett n co didn't agree of coarse but, still lol.

Just running with KTLK's rumour a few posts up. No real substance to it I would imagine. (Not having a crack, just saying most of this is fairy floss...;))

Probably, Carlton want a late Pick or D Bell with Warnock. They might be interested in D Bell.

I agree with Hale trade. It is too expensive and for a 26 year old, Pick 32 is the best and ideal price. I recalled Ben Holland when he was 25 years old was traded for Pick 20. It was pretty expensive !

D Bell = Delisted so no value they could pick up as a rookie (mature age thou)

I think we should target Jesse White or Hale .. White we could offer second round and a player like Maric .. Warnock depending which end they think they need. If we could get White with pick 32 + player it would be a good result .. thou fingers would have to be crossed.

As per AFL.com.au post by Ben Broad. He has just reported Mitch Clark wants out! Not just to freo what do people think of pick 12 and bate for him? We are giving up a lot but would be perfect fit!!!!

Brisbane would probably want a pick atleast inside the top 8 for Clark
Which is reasonable. The problem is that if they don't accomodate him then they may lose him for not much once he comes out of contract if he's hell bent on getting out of the place. Assuming he's contracted here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back