Roast Melbourne Roast thread: Watch it burn, watch it ember. From now till September. Bonfire is lit

That math doesn't work.
8 * 6 is 48. 3 teams divided by 6 years of top eight spots is one team for every two years.

Not really sure why you went to 49 so i rounded down to avoid annoying decimals.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
So, one team every two years.

What we want to know is out of the previous years top 8 who dropped the first two who still made finals?

It’s still a crap stat for us as we are still crap.

At least the broncos drafted Joe ******* Flacco so I have that to look forward to

Go Rams

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What we want to know is out of the previous years top 8 who dropped the first two who still made finals?

It’s still a crap stat for us as we are still crap.

At least the broncos drafted Joe ******* Flacco so I have that to look forward to

Go Rams

3 teams in 15 years or so. 2 were Collingwood

It's not impossible, but history says it's bloody unlikely.
Never been a premier be 0-2

3 teams in 15 years or so. 2 were Collingwood

It's not impossible, but history says it's bloody unlikely.
Never been a premier be 0-2

This is the kind of stat Bruce McAvaney pulls out on Grand Final day when we're 50 points up.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could be 3 of the top 4 fancies go zip 2.
Eagles vs GWS
Dees vs Cats
Pies vs Tigers
Then 1 of Crows vs Swans will be zip 2 as well who are top 8 fancies. Pretty crazy if stat holds up this year

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could be 3 of the top 4 fancies go zip 2.
Eagles vs GWS
Dees vs Cats
Pies vs Tigers
Then 1 of Crows vs Swans will be zip 2 as well who are top 8 fancies. Pretty crazy if stat holds up this year

Honestly I don't take much notice of the stat, if you go 0-2 just means you have to 13-7 the rest of the season to guarantee finals. Certainly not beyond the realm of possibility, especially with other fancied sides going down. We absolutely can't go 1-3 or 0-4 though, that'd be season over.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Honestly I don't take much notice of the stat, if you go 0-2 just means you have to 13-7 the rest of the season to guarantee finals. Certainly not beyond the realm of possibility, especially with other fancied sides going down. We absolutely can't go 1-3 or 0-4 though, that'd be season over.
Yeah like its not be all end all sort of s**t i thought there'd be a few more coming from zip 2 though. Well we could come from zip 4 but it'll be pretty ******* hard but all our troops will be back

Wow it is crazy how differently you can communicate the same info. Topkents way sounded incredibly dire. Your way: not ideal, but not the end of the world!

Pretty amazing.
I mucked up, one team every five years, basically. Somewhat worse but not a stat we should be worried about afaic.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I mucked up, one team every five years, basically. Somewhat worse but not a stat we should be worried about afaic.

Time scale is dependent on the number of teams that go 0-2 in a given year. ie if for 10 years in a row, every team was 1-1 after two rounds, the stat would "sound" worse.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

It's not the end of the world an our season has nothing to do with any completed season before it, but if you go 0-2 or 0-3 You probably just aren't any good

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve had it with this club.
Sick of the excuses. I’m sick of the s**t skills. I’m sick of the goalless quarters. I’m sick of the dumb campaigner way our players think they can walk through tackles. I’m sick of them slipping over constantly like the field is a ******* ice rink. I’m sick of losing as favourites. I’m sick of media street. I’m sick of the coaching group who make the same ******* mistakes over and over again. I’m sick of not feeling safe when we have any sort of lead. I’m sick of being dominated on our home ground. I’m sick of Tim Membrey calibre players looking like Wayne Carey against us. I’m sick of our defenders who seem to be playing an offside trap. I’m sick of ex-players having career best games against us. I’m sick of having my weekends ruined. I’m sick of the burning rage I have in the pit of my stomach. I’m sick of being foolish and emotionally investing in this club, it makes me an awful person to be around during games. Most of all I’m sick of feeling sick.

* off MFC. * off and die you embarrassing ******* s**t carters. I ******* hate you so ******* much.

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
I’ve had it with this club.
Sick of the excuses. I’m sick of the s**t skills. I’m sick of the goalless quarters. I’m sick of the dumb campaigner way our players think they can walk through tackles. I’m sick of them slipping over constantly like the field is a ******* ice rink. I’m sick of losing as favourites. I’m sick of media street. I’m sick of the coaching group who make the same ******* mistakes over and over again. I’m sick of not feeling safe when we have any sort of lead. I’m sick of being dominated on our home ground. I’m sick of Tim Membrey calibre players looking like Wayne Carey against us. I’m sick of our defenders who seem to be playing an offside trap. I’m sick of ex-players having career best games against us. I’m sick of having my weekends ruined. I’m sick of the burning rage I have in the pit of my stomach. I’m sick of being foolish and emotionally investing in this club, it makes me an awful person to be around during games. Most of all I’m sick of feeling sick.

**** off MFC. **** off and die you embarrassing ******* s**t carters. I ******* hate you so ******* much.
Summed it up perfectly. If I see Goodwin on my screen in the next 24 hours with a hint of a smile, that stupid poker face, or using words like "journey" I'm forsaking this team of 30 years I've followed and barraking for Collingwood. No ******* ticker

Back