Current Melbourne Rolling Anti-Lockdown Protests * When are they going to arrest Sam Newman?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're thinking of going, this from Victoria Police.

Victoria Police
· 3 hrs ·

Traffic warning for permitted workers and those travelling for essential reasons

Victoria Police is urging the community to avoid the Melbourne CBD this Saturday (5 September).

If you have to travel into the city for one of the permitted reasons, please allow for extra time as there will be several vehicle checkpoints in place and delays are expected throughout the morning.

A significant police operation will be underway in response to protest activity planned tomorrow, which is not currently permitted under the Chief Health Officer directions.

This is also a timely reminder that there are only four essential reasons permitted under the Chief Health Officer directions in Metropolitan Melbourne for you to leave your home. Police will continue to actively enforce Stage 4 Restrictions.

Based on the fact that the restrictions are too punitive and are out of proportion to the threat the virus actually poses.
The virus isn't suddenly going out of circulation. It will always exist. It is not a matter of everyone behaving themselves and it suddenly disappearing.
Oh I see.... I forgot that people behaving themselves, driving down transmission, and bring it down to a minimal standard would make a big difference.

We live with restrictions that are appropriate for the level of infection present. Very simple. Once we get low enough to isolate the sources, we can work to eliminate it and return to normal as best as possible. Partaking in a risky protest is just a dumb response when on the eve of having restrictions lifted somewhat shortly.
Don't like your optomism. Restriction in some form will be round a while yet

Oh I see.... I forgot that people behaving themselves, driving down transmission, and bring it down to a minimal standard would make a big difference.
You mean like in March where with gatherings of 10 no face masks and most businesses still operational cases went to single digits. Not this ******* insanity of locking people in under curfew.
I'm off to Coles. No chance a virus spreads there. I'll remember to wear my face mask outside when walking not in 5 metres of anyone because to spite feeling perfectly well I'd hate to spread it in the fresh air.

You mean like in March where with gatherings of 10 no face masks and most businesses still operational cases went to single digits. Not this ******* insanity of locking people in under curfew.
I'm off to Coles. No chance a virus spreads there. I'll remember to wear my face mask outside when walking not in 5 metres of anyone because to spite feeling perfectly well I'd hate to spread it in the fresh air.
Mate, I am as pissed off as you are. Victoria has stuffed this up and we shouldn’t be in this predicament. But until we can sit tight and stop it circulating we won’t get restrictions lifted. I am not liking what DA has done at all. It’s pathetic. I just know things will adjust and we will have to be tolerant. There’ll be a treatment.

No he doesn’t. They don’t believe COVID is real. They’re like American trash conspiracy theorists. Lunatics and liabilities.
Covid19 is real. What’s wrong with you? The stupid thing is that the CDC reported a week ago that only 9210 people died from Covid19 out of 153,504 deaths in the US. The remaining deaths had 2 to 3 very serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could be perfectly well and be asymptomatic. You give it to your mate who gives it to his Mum and she dies

A joke. This is what a democracy and rule of law has come to. Arresting has been pensioners over the right to voice an opinion. Inciting what exactly? A peaceful protest. Total bullshit. Add in royal commissions galore informer X a breakdown of law and order and this is the order of the day. This state is gone

i'm glad Hawkie has died and not seen how democracy and freedom have been destroyed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back