Remove this Banner Ad

Illicit drugs are just a product the lure is the money to be made out of it. :) Risk/reward.
For the dealers and traffickers, yes. So, what's the overall end result?

Last edited:

The 2nd story on this doco is about Alexander Macdonald who murdered stole identity, robbed banks, escaped prison etc

There's been a couple of arrests on the Sunbury shooting, looks like it was an attempted robbery not linked to organised crime. Poor man, he might be lucky to keep his leg after being shot with a shotgun up close.

Police today said Armed Crime Squad detectives had arrested a 39-year-old Kangaroo Flat man who was charged with attempted armed robbery, intentionally cause serious injury and conduct endangering life.
He was to appear before an out-of-sessions hearing this evening.
Detectives also arrested a 30-year-old woman yesterday in relation to the incident.
The Long Gully woman was charged with attempted armed robbery, intentionally and recklessly cause serious injury, conduct endangering life and prohibited person possess and use firearm.

I tried cheeky kebabs last year only because of the name and it was delicious. Crazy the owner gets shot hopefully hes better. Looks like some are targeted and some might be random. Pretty scary

I tried cheeky kebabs last year only because of the name and it was delicious. Crazy the owner gets shot hopefully hes better. Looks like some are targeted and some might be random. Pretty scary

In Sunbury? I go in there as well when over that way, the food's always good and the staff are friendly. The newish Chinese take away a couple of doors up is great too, if you like duck try their special it's as good as some of the best in the city imo.

In Sunbury? I go in there as well when over that way, the food's always good and the staff are friendly. The newish Chinese take away a couple of doors up is great too, if you like duck try their special it's as good as some of the best in the city imo.

Haha. Yeah I went once last year as was working in the area so tried it with my brother. We also picked up something from a shop two doors down that sold potato cakes as that's what I got as an extra and the food look good in there too. Potato cakes were nice. I think that's the place you're talking about ?

I might be going there soon at least in the area so should try again. The kebabs are very nice there.

Haha. Yeah I went once last year as was working in the area so tried it with my brother. We also picked up something from a shop two doors down that sold potato cakes as that's what I got as an extra and the food look good in there too. Potato cakes were nice. I think that's the place you're talking about ?

I might be going there soon at least in the area so should try again. The kebabs are very nice there.

They dont do potato cakes in there, more traditional Chinese food but they're all pretty good along that strip. Sunbury could be a bit wild but it was always more big country town Friday night dickhead kind of wild, you don't expect to see these kinds of shootings. It doesn't have the atmosphere of a big country town any more I guess, it's grown so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and i was right, looks like victims and offenders were both from some other country originally no guns involved but you have to ask what kind of people are we importing when they bash someone to death in broad daylight outside a school

This case has been quite controversial.

In 2017 Gene Gibson walked free from jail after his conviction for killing Josh was overturned on appeal, recently he was awarded $1.3m in compensation and the police ordered a review of the case which concluded Mr Warneke suffered fatal head wounds from being struck by a car’s wheel, not from an “edged weapon” like an axe or tomahawk, as police initially believed.

Detectives were accused of botching the interview with Gene Gibson who could hardly speak English let alone understand it then Sixty Minutes in 2016 uncovered serious flaws in the forensic evidence that sent Gibson to prison for nearly five years.

Mr Warneke's mother Ingrid Bishop who supported Gene Gibson said the news that her son wasn't bashed did not surprise her.
"It just seems to be one thing after another," she said.

"When you try to understand how your child died, to know that he wasn't beaten in that way is more comforting I guess, but it doesn't make it any easier that he's dead."

She said "blind Freddy" could see there was evidence to suggest her son had been hit by a car.

It's an absolute tragedy all round. The poor mother of Josh has been fighting for years to have justice served to the right people.
Such an incredible * up of monumental proportions and still no answers for her.

I'm still not sure how they could decide he died from a metal pole beating when it appears quite obvious he was hit and killed by a car. My heart bleeds for his mother.

It's an absolute tragedy all round. The poor mother of Josh has been fighting for years to have justice served to the right people.
Such an incredible fu** up of monumental proportions and still no answers for her.

I'm still not sure how they could decide he died from a metal pole beating when it appears quite obvious he was hit and killed by a car. My heart bleeds for his mother.
Being hit by a car doesn't rule out it being deliberate though. Even if it was accidental you'd think the perp would know what he's done.

Being hit by a car doesn't rule out it being deliberate though. Even if it was accidental you'd think the perp would know what he's done.

Yeah, that read wrongly. i was just reiterating how badly the investigation was conducted and then to add insult to injury for the poor grieving mother of Josh.

But you're right, whoever hit him, deliberately or not, would know what they had done and should have come forth with the truth.

I think somewhere amongst all the different versions of the 'truth' of what happened, actually lies the answer. It's such a shame that a thorough and concise investigation wasn't conducted from the get-go. And unfortunately, it boils down to a simple lack of experience in the local force to handle what happened with any level of competence.

Kaydence was born in September 2014 and police said she had not been seen since 2016. In December last year, police excavated a backyard looking for her but found nothing and turned their attention to an area at the Chinchilla Weir where a crime scene has been established after finding her skeletal remains.

Tane Saul Destage, 40, and Sinitta Tammy Dawita, 28, were arrested overnight over the death of Kaydence Dawita Mills, who would have been five this year.
The pair was charged with murder, torture and interfering with a corpse but did not appear in the Dalby Magistrate's Court.

I don't know how authorities worked out she was missing but I hope it was the system that tripped these two up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back