B-Bomber

Club Legend
May 29, 2007
Morwell
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Braves
So we have the late start on Boxing day. The local derby which i will be attending.

How do we see our best 11 panning out Stars supporters?

Despite losing Johnno Hastings which is a huge loss i think we can cover him. Especially as I will assume that the national selectors will overlook Handscomb for the limited over matches meaning that he will be a big in at the back end of the tournament when we potentially lose Maxwell, Faulkner and Zampa.

Thought Stars supporters?

I'm struggling on at first 11 for the boxing day T20 derby. Wildly i might suggest:
- Luke Wright
- Rob Quiney
- Kevin Pieterson
- Glenn Maxwell
- Marcus Stoinis
- David Hussey
- James Faulkner
- Tom Triffit
- Scott Boland
- Adam Zampa
- Michael Beer

Or perhaps give Maxy or Stoinis the job as openers, drop Quiney and put Hilfehaus in at 10. Then there is still Gulbis, Coleman, Gotch etc as options

So, who goes out for KP?

He might be captain, but Huss is the only one that who got a crack that missed out, and I reckon almost anyone else in the batting line-up could captain us. He might need to be the one to go.

So, who goes out for KP?

He might be captain, but Huss is the only one that who got a crack that missed out, and I reckon almost anyone else in the batting line-up could captain us. He might need to be the one to go.

As sad and reluctant I am go agree he really does appear to be the next cab off the rank... i love huss hes been a victorian stalwart for a long time but he is under pressure. Perhaps Stoinis will miss out the next match for KP but if Huss doesn't perform we have someone ready to go. Stoi is has been in poor form with the bat this season.

As sad and reluctant I am go agree he really does appear to be the next cab off the rank... i love huss hes been a victorian stalwart for a long time but he is under pressure. Perhaps Stoinis will miss out the next match for KP but if Huss doesn't perform we have someone ready to go. Stoi is has been in poor form with the bat this season.
Yeah, but Stoin does bring something with the ball that KP and Huss can't replace. I'd be happy opening Maxwell and Wright, with KP and Quiney at 3 and 4 respectively.

With that top 4, you don't really need Huss to come in. I don't remember him playing too much of a role with the bat in the last couple seasons, anyway.

Also wouldn't mind Triffitt in for Harper, seemed to have a happy knack of grabbing a few quick runs at the end of an innings when we were in a little trouble a couple seasons back, even pulled us into the Super Over against Sydney. Probably wait to see Harper with bat in hand before making that decision, though.

Probably can't really drop the captain so they'd probably need to drop a bowler which will be a pretty rough call. Have the lineup something similar to this...

1. Wright
2. Quiney
3. Pietersen
4. Maxwell
5. Hussey
6. Stoinis
7. Faulkner
8. Harper
9. Boland
10. Zampa
11. Hilfenhaus

12. Beer

Rather rough on Beer but it could be any one of Beer, Boland or Hilfenhaus despite Zampa being the worst bowler from tonight. Boland, Zampa and Hilfenhaus can get 12 overs out of them quite easily and then Maxwell, Stoinis and Faulkner can make up the remaining 8 overs. Even if one of the primary bowlers is struggling, then the others can take more than what they would normally need to take.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the leading wicket takers last year, wasn't he?
I know how cops a bit of stick, but he'll get the wickets.
Yeah, I guess. He bowled trash the other night.

KP in for Quiney, who has a tight hamstring. Expect to see him slot in at 3 with Stoinis opening and everyone else dropping down one.
Unfortunate about Quiney... Really looked in good touch. Don't know how he would slot back in though if we have another good peformance...

Unfortunate about Quiney... Really looked in good touch. Don't know how he would slot back in though if we have another good peformance...
Maxy, Faulks and Zampa will be on ID soon, so we'll probably see him, Hank, Hastings (if fit) and Gulbis in for them and Harper.

I would go with this XI for the Thunder.

Wright
Quiney
Pietersen
Maxwell
Hussey
Faulkner
Stoinis
Harper
Zampa
Boland
Beer

Remove this Banner Ad