Melbourne Stars fan thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the first time the Stars have been able to replace two international players for the same season. The biggest issue is availability so we'll likely have a situation where we get 3-4 internationals.

My goal would be to target a fast bowler. Spin is covered with Zampa, Bowe, and possibly Fallins. The Stars were virtually unstoppable (until the semi finals) when we had Malinga. Having a fast bowler capable of bowling 140-145kmh would make our attack a lot more dangerous. Would someone like Mohammad Amir be viable?

My other target would be a batsman to come in at 4. I'm sure there would be plenty of possible targets out there. My top 4 would be the same as eth-dog with Handscomb and Dunk opening, Maxy coming in at 3. Then the international coming at 4.

Yes he said a week ago he hopes to continue his time with the Stars on channel 10 after a few assumed he was finishing with KP.

Then they must have made the call to give him time to farewell.

I think teams will consider him but not sure he'll get a new deal

Depends how much money he wants

Reading that it sounds like it was more the Stars saying you won't be needed.

334.gif

old mel isn’t in the commentary box anymore
Completely irrelevant. Can you imagine the backlash for the BBL and the Stars if they did this? It would be a PR nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely irrelevant. Can you imagine the backlash for the BBL and the Stars if they did this? It would be a PR nightmare.
True! It was more a joke that Mel had left the box!
But you are spot on it would be a PR time bomb. The left and PC will be having fits over it

True! It was more a joke that Mel had left the box!
But you are spot on it would be a PR time bomb. The left and PC will be having fits over it
No, everybody who regards sexual harassment as a serious issue would abuse the s**t out of them, and rightly so.

It was hardly sexual harassment!
Have you never been in a work place or bar
We don’t know what was said or happened off camera or the history of those two
Definition of it according to the Australian Human Rights Commission:

Sexual harassment is any unwanted or unwelcome sexual behaviour, which makes a person feel offended, humiliated or intimidated.

I think it was pretty clear that it was unwelcome on her part.

your a sook if you really thought it was bad
You're delusional if you think otherwise.

Anyway, Gayle will never play BBL again. Anybody who thinks otherwise is completely moronic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back