NRL Melbourne Storm 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Two points back with a game in hand! Beat the Sea Eagles

Going to ask this here. Does anyone know people that call the club "Storms"? My ex-girlfriend and her entire family called them Storms and it drove me nuts. But always see people refer to the club that way from time-to-time so it seems to be more common than I thought.

Going to ask this here. Does anyone know people that call the club "Storms"? My ex-girlfriend and her entire family called them Storms and it drove me nuts. But always see people refer to the club that way from time-to-time so it seems to be more common than I thought.
:huh:

Never heard anyone call them that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's used as a slightly degrading term from RL circles in the northern states, like calling the English poms. The joke is the Storm are the only NRL team without a plural nickname with an s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back