Sepul

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2010
Outer S.E. Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is that the Michelin Man in disguise? :p

Haha, that was my first thought too!

They should re-design the logo rather than just update it IMO. It's served it's purpose, it's lasted 15-ish years... with the stuff that happened to them last year, they should be trying to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

galindez

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Habs
Both are terrible. Kids might like it but that's all. I'd like something with a bit more dignity and gravitas.

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg FC, Melb Vixens, Renegades
I disagree. One of the ongoing themes since the events of April 2010 has been the show of solidarity by the Storm players and coaches and asking fans to keep the faith. Part of that is persisting with the same logo, mascot, motif, colours etc. The fans want to keep following the same team they followed before - to go rebranding it just because of some off-field fiasco, may as well shut up shop instead.

New logo for Storm = unnecessary.

brothashane88

Senior List
Mar 10, 2011
Philippines
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics Ducks
Well im still thinking of designing a new logo for the Storm when I start re desiging/updating some NRL teams logos, but I thought id have a go at the "Storm Man", he needs a make over badly as he kinda looks like a tool in my opinion lol. So this is what I came up with :D I think it craps on the Storm Man they have now. P.S I also made the same design for the Port Adelaide Mascot too :D

Melbourne-Storm-Mascot.jpg

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg FC, Melb Vixens, Renegades
A simpler logo which references the old one in its font - much better. Emphasises the purple, does away with the gold.

I thought id have a go at the "Storm Man", he needs a make over badly as he kinda looks like a tool in my opinion

All mascots based on men look like tools.

brothashane88

Senior List
Mar 10, 2011
Philippines
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics Ducks
A simpler logo which references the old one in its font - much better. Emphasises the purple, does away with the gold.

All mascots based on men look like tools.

lol I laughed there yeah your right to a point.. but yeah most look like tools, but there is some that look pretty good in my opinion but like only 5% lol

Back