Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

Melbourne Suburban Football League
GRAND FINAL

It's MSFL Grand Final Day!

Firstly i'd like to thank everyone who entered and especially those who kept re-submitting entries. I was very happy with how people embraced the competition and I think the twist of that ability to redesign kept the competition really fresh as we got late and people were scrambling for finals places.

Congratulations to the Grand Finalists, Armadale-Toorak and Brighton, i'm sure this will be another absolute classic between these two designers and a very tough decision for the voters.

Armadale-Toorak Armadillos
uMcLT55.jpg

v
Brighton Buoys
yyCZt7E.png

Last edited:
Best of luck to fancyscum - but after that Can-Am final, it’d be nice to get some semblance of even. 😂
If the last matchup between these guernseys is anything to go by, it should be a decent contest.

I haven't seen a Grand Final this tough to choose since... well like last week in the CAN AM Bowl. Both incredible kits, the drop shadow under each hoop really brings fancy's design to life and makes it hard to vote against it. Done really well fancyscum and Freight Train and congratulations to the eventual winner.

I haven't seen a Grand Final this tough to choose since... well like last week in the CAN AM Bowl. Both incredible kits, the drop shadow under each hoop really brings fancy's design to life and makes it hard to vote against it. Done really well fancyscum and Freight Train and congratulations to the eventual winner.

Yeah love the wood panel stripes, such a cool element. Was trying to go for a more old-school cut and sew look on mine but yeah definitely could have added something extra there. 👍

Last edited:
We've got a real Hackett and Thorpe/Thorpe and Hackett type situation here, nothing between these 2 great teams with about 28 hours to go! Keep those votes rolling in!

look I don't want to sway votes, but I heard from an inside source that fancyscum and his club don't believe in mad monday for the boys because it's "too povvo for brighton."

sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look I don't want to sway votes, but I heard from an inside source that fancyscum and his club don't believe in mad monday for the boys because it's "too povvo for brighton."

sad.
Fake news. I've actually organised it myself, unlike Freighty over in Toorak who had "the help" do his.

Fake news. I've actually organised it myself, unlike Freighty over in Toorak who had "the help" do his.

gee, sorry for trying to keep flight centre employees in a job.

An absolute classic. 12 hours left! Get those votes in!

Someone is going to swan into the board for a gander last minute here and decide an epic GF between 2 board heavyweights.

If that doesn't happen, there will be a brand new poll with 24 hours on it to decide the winner.

What. A. Grand. Final.

Congratulations to Freight Train and the Armadillos on a great season and the inaugural MSFL premiership! I'm sure the caviar and champagne will be flowing in Armadale and Toorak tonight.

Commiserations to fancyscum and the Buoys, who would have also been a worthy winner and we're brutally unlucky to lose.

Thanks to all entrants for making this a fun competition, and supporting it with regular updated entries and strong voting throughout. Suburban footy will be back next season!

GG to the FT, the 'dillos were always the team to beat right throughout the comp. Cheers to scorch for putting on a great comp, the ability to update designs really made things interesting when other comps would get rather stale, hope I can use that rule a little more next time round.

GG to the FT, the 'dillos were always the team to beat right throughout the comp. Cheers to scorch for putting on a great comp, the ability to update designs really made things interesting when other comps would get rather stale, hope I can use that rule a little more next time round.

gg to you as well mate, ridiculously close game, and an honour to pick up the first ever MSFL title - a competition that in my eyes becomes this board’s fourth major on the back of excellent running from Scorch. probably my last ever comp win, so it’s a pretty special one.

no Bali trip for the boys this season, but that won’t stop us getting on the beers.

up the f**king 'dillos!

08527622-F17F-4623-9E7E-F3DE26E02FDB.jpeg

Might be the last time we see a heavyweight Grand Final matchup between two titans of this board FT v FS, and it certainly did not fail to live up to the expectations.

Soak it in Freight Train and commiserations to fancyscum, easily one of the hardest of votes I've ever had to split.

Also congratulations El_Scorcho on yet another brilliantly and smoothly run competition and echo FT in saying I can see this joining "the big 3" as a dynamic and novel competition with the increased emphasis on how designers adapt and improve over a season. Who knows, perhaps the ability to change up designs week by week might become the norm in a few years' time.

Back