El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
xAlAjSO.png

Remember to keep resubmitting your team if you think you can improve it! Whether it's a very minor change or a total overhaul, keep striving to be the best you can.

This competition will have 19 rounds, with the top 8 qualifying for a traditional AFL style finals system.

Last edited:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA % is better than Vic's, i.m.h.o.

91.14% simply looks better.

I agree it keeps it in a better range, but I think the Vic system makes it easier to visualise what it represents, if that makes sense.

I've had a good think (and I'll put it to a vote at season's end) whether this comp is better off staying in Melbourne forever or being a travelling show, ie moving to Adelaide or Perth next year.

If it ever does get to Adelaide, I'll make sure to enforce SA footy customs like that % system, red point posts and teams being named with the forwards at the top!

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
If it ever does get to Adelaide, I'll make sure to enforce SA footy customs like that % system, red point posts and teams being named with the forwards at the top!
It is ridiculously weird, but I prefer the SA in all 3 cases.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
It is ridiculously weird, but I prefer the SA in all 3 cases.

I definitely prefer the red point posts and forwards at the top.

I wonder whether WA has it's own set of idiosyncrasies like that? Can any WA guys shed some light?

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
I definitely prefer the red point posts and forwards at the top.

I wonder whether WA has it's own set of idiosyncrasies like that? Can any WA guys shed some light?
Used to have 25 metre markings on the field, that was one of our little distinctions. Also, we only use yellow Burleys in the WAFL which is something.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I have just remembered other two:
- Minor Round, instead of "Home&Away;" and
- 2 points for a win.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
I have just remembered other two:
- Minor Round, instead of "Home&Away;" and
- 2 points for a win.
Oh yeah, that also reminds me, in WA for a long time the finals series was known as the "final round series", just a small one.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
We've had a few changes to guernseys this week, and Armadale-Toorak keep their place at the top with a frankly ridiculous percentage.

Also i've noticed that the automatic fixture generated I used hasn't really randomised the rounds very well, but everyone should get fairly even numbers of home and away games by the end of the season. Bentleigh, for example, opens the season with 7 home games, then has 10 away games before finishing with 2 more home games.

bdvKNSd.png

I feel like every time Freighty joins a designing league, everyone else should get a 5 game head start
emoji6.png
emoji6.png
I feel like every time Freighty joins a designing league, everyone else should get a 5 game head start

The best part is that I don’t even have the best design - gonna cop that hard L in Round 6 to Brighton, but probably still finish with an absurd percentage.

The best part is that I don’t even have the best design - gonna cop that hard L in Round 6 to Brighton, but probably still finish with an absurd percentage.
Feel like my next two rounds against Armadale and Bentleigh are going to make or break my season, should be interesting!

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I don't think I can beat Brighton at the moment, so expect an update before that round! 😊

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Round 6 is underway

Armadale-Toorak stretch their already outrageous percentage even higher, but they face a tougher test this week against Coburg. We also have a huge game between 2 of the other 3 undefeated sides, with Bentleigh hosting their neighbours in Brighton.

A few updated entries this week, with Bentleigh, Berwick and Southbank all resubmitting.

1591714321281.png

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mustangs and Honeybadgers have really improvied since the first rounds :)

The Honeybadgers have resubmitted the most times and they improve significantly every time!

Malvern was good, but it was just Oakleigh Chargers. They've really come into their own with the latest change.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
We are still very early in this competition, there is plenty of time to make the finals and win the flag here even if you're currently winless.

If you are keen to improve your standing in the competition, have a look at the teams who are winning and think about what they are doing that you aren't. Design, template and presentation are all important. Attention to detail is vital. Developing your concept and really making it interesting and attention grabbing will make a huge difference.

This competition is the perfect time to try something ambitious, because if it doesn't work, you can just change back the following week!

Back