El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Welcome to Round 2

I was absolutely overwhelmed with the response to Round 1. 43 votes is absolutely enormous and is usually something reserved for when an NAFL final gets posted on the revolving site banner. Glad to see there was so much interest. We've also had a bunch of people tinker with their design for round 2, which is great to see people getting in the spirit of the comp so early.

*****ANNOUNCEMENT*****

I'm going to start enforcing a rule that has been posted throughout the threads for this competition, but a rule that has so far been unenforced. Images will now only be accepted if they are submitted in the form of an imgur (or other image hosting site like Flickr) link. For you, that means going to www.imgur.com and uploading your images, and messaging me with a link to that image, which should look something like: htt ps://i.im gur.com/WJ niU69.j pg (without the spaces)

Bigfooty does a weird thing with image hosting which doesn't consistently allow me to post what you submit if the images are just uploaded straight to bigfooty. This isn't a difficult request. Be aware that imgur will compress any images that are over 1mb, so if you're submitting a 6000 pixel wide behemoth in full photographic quality, you might have some issues.

Round 2:

Sunshine Suns
69W63mM.jpg

vs
Airport Jets
ojwoFe5.png

West Lalor Dragons
BhMeEsA.png

vs
Southbank Sonics
1JeLKmM.png

Armidale-Toorak Armadillos
uMcLT55.jpg

vs
Rowville Redbacks
hvH4xNB.png

Beaumaris Skippers
gJxKtUN.png

vs
Prahran Echidnas
AiFk0dI.jpg

Bentleigh Ducks
WJniU69.jpg

vs
Parkville Owls
FTj7Vd2.png

Berwick Kings
iFT9q7c.png

vs
Malvern Mustangs
IiuUvbb.png

Box Hill South Bullants
5wsiIs5.png

vs
Keon Park FC
6D1J6zj.png

Brighton Buoys
5A1xvQN.png

vs
Hurstbridge Redlegs
3X9Q6nX.png

Burwood Dragons
v3eIkw7.jpg

vs
Hotham Hill Honey Badgers
Wv0YYKN.png

Coburg Royals
0nZvkgN.jpg

vs
Elwood Blues
eX4vnEz.jpg

2 of the toughest matchups for me in the first 2 rounds. Armadillos one of my favourites to win the whole comp. quality clean design.
ill Ask like everyone else did last round. Could I get some feedback on the redbacks.

2 of the toughest matchups for me in the first 2 rounds. Armadillos one of my favourites to win the whole comp. quality clean design.
ill Ask like everyone else did last round. Could I get some feedback on the redbacks.

awww cheers fam

Probably isn't the smartest thing to heap praise on your opponent, but I really like the improvements made to Hurstbridge this week. Template looks sharp, love the new numbers and the buffer between the monogram and stripes works really well too.

Probably isn't the smartest thing to heap praise on your opponent, but I really like the improvements made to Hurstbridge this week. Template looks sharp, love the new numbers and the buffer between the monogram and stripes works really well too.
Thanks fancyscum! I re-did the monogram late last night as well but Im not sure I really like how it finished up so I think Ill keep playing with it and see how the next few rounds go.

Thanks fancyscum! I re-did the monogram late last night as well but Im not sure I really like how it finished up so I think Ill keep playing with it and see how the next few rounds go.

The monogram looks good mate! If you are looking at tweaking it, I'd suggest making the H the primary letter as opposed to the C. :)

Agree with those Hurstbridge comments, terrific decision to give the monogram a solid background, really sharp!

Also feel for Rowville, because you've definitely had the toughest start, but I absolutely think getting 2 tough teams out of the way early in a comp like this is for the best. All downhill from here and you've got the ability to strengthen without having to worry about Fruit Train or Fancy again.

Agree with those Hurstbridge comments, terrific decision to give the monogram a solid background, really sharp!

Also feel for Rowville, because you've definitely had the toughest start, but I absolutely think getting 2 tough teams out of the way early in a comp like this is for the best. All downhill from here and you've got the ability to strengthen without having to worry about Fruit Train or Fancy again.

fancytrain

Your work is great, mate. Designers don't usually like conservative works, and yours is a classic.

I am not a designer. I loved it: the RR and its position; the black cross; the red background; the white numbers... It is flawless.

Your work is great, mate. Designers don't usually like conservative works, and yours is a classic.

I am not a designer. I loved it: the RR and its position; the black cross; the red background; the white numbers... It is flawless.
Appreciate the kind words mate

Thoughts on Coburg Royals so far? Not too sure what changes I could make to improve it, still early days but at this point it's good to get every win you can. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Coburg Royals so far? Not too sure what changes I could make to improve it, still early days but at this point it's good to get every win you can. Cheers.
I think it’s great, may suffer slightly from the GCS colour scheme. It also faded a bit into the background rather than popping off the screen.

Would love to see the monogram redone, I think you really need to hit it out of the park if it is going to be such a focal point on the jumper. It the moment it is not feeling very 'royal' to me.

I'd also redo the monogram. I don't mind the style but I'd rework how it links together. At the moment it's just sort of one letter sitting on another.

I like that you've done your own template but ultimately to be successful at the pointy end of major comps, you need to develop it a bit. Close the gap between your template and the better ones getting around. This is a great comp to experiment with templates because if something isn't working, just change it. I've been working on my new template for a bit, but if it doesn't do well in this comp I'll probably scrap it entirely for NAFL.

Back