Melbourne to continue appeal against Jack Trengove suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether he intended to or didn't is not the point.

He slung Dangerfield to the ground while pinning his arm and concussed him. He got exactly what the rules say and what he deserved.

Suck it up and worry about your next match.

Intent is the point if posters here are going to claim trengove wanted to injure dangerfield. it's a horrible thing to claim

Re: Save our game!

he was always going to be rubbed out, dees were stupid for challenging, if the dees assessed two lance franklin suspensions where the hawks had a case to appeal, then the dees would have accepted the penalty, the media would run with the story anyhow

I wish this had of happened to hawthorn or Collingwood. Jeff or Eddie seem to be the most outspoken Presidents, not afraid to go on a rant.

They would also be more likely to take this s**t to court or assemble the other clubs to vote out this admin

I wish this had of happened to hawthorn or Collingwood. Jeff or Eddie seem to be the most outspoken Presidents, not afraid to go on a rant.

They would also be more likely to take this s**t to court or assemble the other clubs to vote out this admin

lol

Clubs could have easily vetoed this rule if they felt that strongly. AFL doesn't want to get sued for not providing a safe work environment, how many past players are already lining up to claim comepensation for repetitive concussion. Eddie will be huff and bluff but he knows the rule was changed for protecting the game from law suits more than any other reason.

Not only that Brilliant, but Eddie would have hired a competant lawyer for the first hearing and it wouldn't be an issue!

I think it is an issue. THat tackle would have seen you get the bin/weeks in NRLL/ARU bu the way he pulled him. Definately worth a few weeks.

I get that, but I still don't get why everyone is getting worked up over this incident, when the Mumford and Ablett scenario was exactly the same last year, and got barely any attention.

Cause Ablett had released the ball well before, and then Mumford swung him with force to the ground.

Trengove was in the act of swinging and Dangerfield still had the ball. He then got a fresh airy and didn't brace for the ground, and as usual he gets concussed.

Cause Ablett had released the ball well before, and then Mumford swung him with force to the ground.

Trengove was in the act of swinging and Dangerfield still had the ball. He then got a fresh airy and didn't brace for the ground, and as usual he gets concussed.

Way to exaggerate champ :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie is more piss and wind. I would love to see Jeff get genuinely wound up!

He would have already filed for a court hearing.

No point continuing to bitch and moan about it. We have to move on now. Things will get even more absurd though if the Demons players get fined for their Twitter statements.

Move on, nothing to see here - but they've set the precedent, interesting to see if they back it up.

WTF?

Mumfords tackle was completely different to this one. and the intent was not to injure. **** you for even infering such a thing.

Actually, it was a very similar tackle as pointed out on AFL 360. The differences from watching it again were:

1. Mumford didn't have hold of Ablett's arm(s)
2. The force of the tackle was less severe
3. Ablett wasn't concussed and ended up BOG with 3 Brownlow votes

When you take that into account, the Mumford decision was worse. It's a shame the people that are outraged now didn't give a **** back then.

LOL. The *whole point* of the (heh) points system, is to NOT take precedent into acount.

Yeah - it works a treat. Grinds my gears that they suspend based on the consequence as opposed to the act and the dude is ok. Awesome.

But just like that sitcom from the nineties with the little downie dude - life for the AFL goes on, and is a little bit *ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back