Melbourne v Adelaide - 2:50PM at TP - AFL Rd 10, 2018

Who wins this one?

• Melbourne by a mile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne by a foot

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Too hard to pick (option for fence-sitters)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Adelaide by a small margin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Adelaide by a wide margin

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think there's barely been a "Melbourne wank fest" and at the moment from a Melbourne supporter side of things, we're just happy after being rubbish for so long.
That last qtr commentating was as wank fest as you get

We got Adelaide at a good time. Apart from TMac & Viney the injury gods have treated us well.

One (technically two) thing we are in control of though is our fitness and attitude. Both look good at the minute but it's a long season.

With a team like Melbourne its 1 week at a time.

Careful, don’t draw attention to the fact you’ve got a healthy list.

BF will start to award you moral losses because you’re not scraping the bottom of the barrel each week at team selection. Moral wins count for more than 4 premiership points.

Don't worry, I'm not banking either of these games yet.

You guys are struggling atm, but are capable. We've done well this year winning games we should win, so hoping to keep that going.

Collingwood havent been overly convincing the last few weeks. They are every chance against us, but again, we will probably go in favourites.

Our draw gets more difficult after the bye.
Dogs 2016. Richmond 2017. Melbourne 2018. I could take that. Good for football.

Here's what the ground looked like same time last year.

Pretty absurd they couldn't get the ground up considering today is a giant Alice Springs tourism ad.

It’s because we had some light frosts last week and the couch grass turns brown. The surface was actually ok but yes it looks rubbish

Dogs 2016. Richmond 2017. Melbourne 2018. I could take that. Good for football.

Perhaps a shift in the fabric of our game. Gone are the days of powerhouse teams that build dynasties and win multiple flags.

With the dilution of talent, compromised drafts etc - it may well be impossible/highly unlikely to build the super teams of yesteryear.

We may well start to see much smaller premiership windows where a team can build a list and game plan that gives you a 1-3 year shot at a flag.

Funny how we use to lament the fact it was the same teams playing off for the flag each year.

Now we’re experiencing a trend where seasons are completely even and people now complain we no longer have super teams like Brisbane 2001-2003, Geelong 2007-2011, Hawthorn 2013-2015 etc.

Never change BF :drunk:

dogs, pies, port and saints. Leave Melbourne once in 5 weeks including the bye. Should be feeling fair fresh I would think.
Play like today, no real dramas those 4 games I would of thought. But has the 'lose to teams they should beat' been ironed out yet? Heard it all last year.
Wait and see.

dogs, pies, port and saints. Leave Melbourne once in 5 weeks including the bye. Should be feeling fair fresh I would think.
Play like today, no real dramas those 4 games I would of thought. But has the 'lose to teams they should beat' been ironed out yet? Heard it all last year.
Wait and see.

I've been saying we are due for a lose for 4 weeks.

That was an awesome performance. We just wanted it more. We were ferocious at the contest all day. We ran hard and it paid off.
Crows had a few out for sure. But they beat Dogs easily last week and have had injuries all year. We played a bloody good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait and see.

Does not beating Essendon, St Kilda, Gold Coast and Carlton comfortably the past four weeks not count for something?

******* umps, gave it to Melbourne on a silver platter, if this was playing at Adelaide Oval, Melbourne wouldn’t have come close against the mighty crows!!
91 point win gifted on a silver platter?....... And as for Adelaide Oval we all know what happened last time......

Attachments

• 314A5108-E025-435B-92F8-060B3BD24289.png
    314A5108-E025-435B-92F8-060B3BD24289.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 207
You havent beaten a top 8 team (until today). I havent seen your draw but i hope for your sake its heavy on bottom 6 teams.

Top 4 is ambitious. Id put Geelong and Collingwood in before Melbourne.

Still got Crows in the top 4?

Back