Game Day Melbourne v Geelong, Saturday 8 April, 4:35pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2017-04-08-08-54-35.png
Screenshot_2017-04-08-08-54-41.png

Where FTA coverage is not available, local viewers can see games on Foxtel, via the AFL Live Official App or through AFL on Telstra TV

International viewers can get live video of games via WatchAFL Global Pass

Please do not post in this thread asking for links to streams.
Your account will be suspended for a day.

Alright, I am excited....this is weird because for the past 5 or so years I have woken up dreading us playing football and now it gets me excited!!

Still undecided if i head in to the game, I probably should since its a 20 minute walk from home, anyone else heading in?

Alright, I am excited....this is weird because for the past 5 or so years I have woken up dreading us playing football and now it gets me excited!!

Still undecided if i head in to the game, I probably should since its a 20 minute walk from home, anyone else heading in?
Yeah I'm going

Pretty sure its going to turn later this arvo and the rains will be here, so i am ok with the roof to be shut.
That's the forecast but have a look at the rain radar...

I'm liking the idea of a forward line set up consisting of Watts, Weideman, Petracca, Hannan, Smith, Kent & Garlett.

A lot of mobility and X factor and if the team can pressure well and get quick entries I reckon we're a shot.

Go dees!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing we should be a lock for is our best forward tackles effort in a very long time. I'm expecting st Kilda levels of manic pressure today.
Jeffy...Jeffy...

Will be a tough ask today I think lads. A variety of factors we need to overcome:
-The Cats more experienced midfield, including Dangerfield and Selwood
-The Cats solid backline on our very inexperienced forward line, including two key forwards who have played 5 games combined
-our own mentality, last year we went on holiday mode and got absolutely smashed
-The Melk factor and conceding from turnovers out the back-half

What we do have in our favour is that our defence should do alright against their forward line (although Menzel worries me), we have the best ruck in the game to at least give our mids a leg-up, and I don't reckon Geelong will have anyone that can negate Garlett out of the game.

Overall tip: Cats by 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back