Melbourne v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea who the players were but that last free against the Dees was ridiculous... the Demons player went hard and puts his head over the ball, the bloke second to the ball runs into him on the ground and takes out his head. Who gets the free? Geelong, for the below the knees rule of course:rolleyes:.

WTF, McKenzie was going for the footy! What the hell is this AFL?
Players are not allowed to go in hard, he didn't dive! I shake my head these insipid rules, it discourages aggression.

As a Swans fan, Paul Roos's game plan is great when you are winning......hope the dees can go well this year, otherwise it will be ******* borning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been far more entertaining than most of the snoozefests this pre-season has conjured up.

Melbourne to campaign for the supergoal in regular season, surely?

A lot of work to go for Melbourne but at least some positive signs.

Just have to realise that you go backwards once then take it forward. What we'd give for a gun kicking half back flank to just control things.

Watts' career starts now. We need his skill. As long as he starts to show some intensity to tackle and put his head over it we might get somewhere with him.

Hogan was great tonight. Add Dawes to provide that tandem and the ball movement will get better. It's not about having a key forward to take big grabs down the line it's about having the smart half forwards running to right spot. It will free up Howe to be another up the ground option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been far more entertaining than most of the snoozefests this pre-season has conjured up.

Melbourne to campaign for the supergoal in regular season, surely?
Will be a minor miracle if we ever kick goals from outside 50 more than points in a game.

Was a strange wind. Made a lot of things harder but the players seemed to handle it well for goal kicking.

Will be a minor miracle if we ever kick goals from outside 50 more than points in a game.

Was a strange wind. Made a lot of things harder but the players seemed to handle it well for goal kicking.

There were a couple of beauties kicked tonight, always interesting to see teams deal with a windy, open stadium these days.

Only for us though.

Ps :ceasef****try:

This sneaky bastard! Why that smilie isn't on every forum in existence I'll never know.

pretty pleased by tonight.

coming from a long way back, but you can see the effort is there, and it makes all the difference.
Yep and they actually looked like they knew what to do when they got the ball, which they haven't looked like for several years. Signs of hope for Melbourne for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back