Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It’s happening!!!

2BA962D0-10C9-4161-A79C-A44E52D940FD.jpeg

I was looking forward to going, but can’t because I promised someone I’d go to her engagement party - though I’m not going anywhere until after the match.

The teams are:

MELBOURNE

B: L.Duryea 11, M.Downie 2, B.Jakobsson 7
HB: K.Smith 13, J.Grierson 19, C.Phillips 35
C: E.O’Dea 5
HF: L.Mithen 14, R.Cranston 30, S.Scott 12
F: T.Cunningham 1, D.Pearce 6, K.Hore 10
Foll: E.Hoare 46, K.Paxman 4, M.Hickey 18
I/C: A.Guest 17, L.Pearce 15, M.Guerin 22, E.Humphries 3, A.Newman 16

GWS GIANTS

B: A.Farrugia 18, T.Hetherington 9, E.Brush 10
HB: N.Barr 8, L.Stephenson 12, A.Eva 2
C: C.Gum 26
HF: M.Collier 14, J.Barclay 34, P.McWilliams 3
F: J.Dal Pos 7, C.Staunton 13, R.Beeson 6
Foll: E.McKinnon 23, R.Forth 27, B.Tully 16
I/C: M.Boyd 25, J.Hicks 5, P.Randall 21, R.Privitelli 19, E.Bennetts 22

So if you plan to go, time to get cracking. The match kicks off at 5:05, which seems a somewhat random time. What’s wrong with 6:47 AM or 11:02 PM? Perfectly reasonable time slots again overlooked by a corrupt AFL planning department.

It’s at Casey Fields which is sort of somewhere between Flinders Street Station and Bairnsdale. Google maps can find it, which is just as well because it always seems a deeply unlikely sort of place. Entry is free. If you object to that though I’m sure you could probably press money at passers-by.

For those playing at home it is being broadcast on Foxtel, Foxtel Now, AFLW App and streaming on AFL.com.au.

So, what to watch for? Well I’m going to be checking out the midfield which you would imagine should be pretty impressive. I’m also keen to see the improvement in teams overall with a second pre-season behind them. Actually I want to smash some teams pretty much all the time if that could be arranged.

It’s curious that we’re not playing Mifsud - I can’t work that out at all.

Onwards to glory!

Last edited:

Definitely agree that Mifsud's absence is strange!
Musn't be fit?

From watching last night...the AFLW team that can nail clean possession will beat most other teams. I understand that it will take time to build the skills and that's totally fine, but lots of fumbles at crucial moments last night that cost opportunities for goals.

Well it's not stopped raining since training yesterday ... so I may need to be choppered to safety, perhaps I can slip the pilot a $50 to drop me off at Casey?
I’m sure he could land on one of the million unexplained ovals or grassed areas that make up the Casey complex.

I’d start living upstairs only if I were you. I don’t think it will stop raining in Qld ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back