Game Day Melbourne v Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With all this talk about wanting Day to play more time as a forward rather than chopping out in the ruck, I wonder if we will see Rory float forward again today and play the resting ruck role?

That leaves May and Warnock to handle Dawes and Frawley.

Forward line of Lynch, Day and Thompson with only Thompson shifting around.

Hard to feel optimistic after last weeks loss. Its only melbourne though so we should be fine. We need to start giving some respectable delivery into our fwds; we have to kick goals.

We will be fine, today will see a nice bounce back after the shocker V Hawks. Our midfield will reign supreme today and we will be able to mark well in the forward 50 I would think.

We are not as bad as everyone feels, I know what happened last week shakes our belief but we will be fine.

I think we saw what happened last night when a team that relies on mids and defence Essendon comes up against a committed team (St Kilda) that has a focal point up forward and is decent across the ground.
I fear opposition teams will just continue to flood into our 50 knowing we don't have too many forward options because we give them so much time with our chipping tactics
Paul Roos vs Bluey today

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all this talk about wanting Day to play more time as a forward rather than chopping out in the ruck, I wonder if we will see Rory float forward again today and play the resting ruck role?

That leaves May and Warnock to handle Dawes and Frawley.

Forward line of Lynch, Day and Thompson with only Thompson shifting around.
Prefer Rory in defence, he excels there..

I think we saw what happened last night when a team that relies on mids and defence Essendon comes up against a committed team (St Kilda) that has a focal point up forward and is decent across the ground.
I fear opposition teams will just continue to flood into our 50 knowing we don't have too many forward options because we give them so much time with our chipping tactics
Paul Roos vs Bluey today

There is a huge difference between Fremantle and Melbourne as far as defensive pressure and structures. It takes a couple of Melbourne to lose a bit of concentration, and some space will open up for Day and Lynch to run into. Matera needs to spend most of his time forward at the feet of the big lads.

We should win this surely? They have the worst forward in the game by a fair margin so I am expecting a big game from the cannon running the ball out of the defensive 50 with ease. Can't see how the GOAT won't have a 40 possession, 3 goal game. Suns by 60 with Day getting his first 5 goal haul.

We should win this surely? They have the worst forward in the game by a fair margin so I am expecting a big game from the cannon running the ball out of the defensive 50 with ease. Can't see how the GOAT won't have a 40 possession, 3 goal game. Suns by 60 with Day getting his first 5 goal haul.
Their forward line monstered Carlton last week and looks very good with Frawley and Dawes.

Some really defensive minded forwards in that group, which will definitely help stop our rebound possessions. McKenzie will tag Ablett too, just like he did when we played them last year.

Interesting that Frawley seems to be playing forward. I admit I have very little knowledge on the Dees this year and thought they had lost Dawes, Clark and Hogan due to injury. That might explain why Frawley is forward now. Ablett had his worst game against the Dees last year with questionable tagging tactics so hopefully the umpires are looking into that this time around. Still can't see how the Suns will lose this game though. Too fast, too strong and just too much talent.

Nathan Jones should take Ablett actually. Roos has made him a tagger this year and he held Murphy to 18 disposals last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back