Game Day Melbourne v Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A win is a win
Melbourne are improving rapidly
Gold Coast in the 8
Sack the goal kicking coach

I was crucified ( forgive the pun) for our lack of game plan last week, any converts this week?

Seriously look at our list v the demons, under performing much ?????????????

I am sure this will be seen as negative but I am scared that we are wasting the most talented group ever put together

That was definitely the worst win I have ever, ever seen. Hard to get excited about that.

I definitely liked that they were taking marks inside 50. They got more this game than all the other games combined, iirc. Just couldn't finish at all, and there was almost none of those messy goals where a mid scoops up a handball, creates space, and kicks a goal. Type of plays Matera excels at, and the suns usually get a ton of them. Just nothing happening today. Hopefully they can put it all together soon. GWS next week. Let's see where we stand in the 2018 Grand Final.

I was crucified ( forgive the pun) for our lack of game plan last week, any converts this week?

Seriously look at our list v the demons, under performing much ?????????????

I am sure this will be seen as negative but I am scared that we are wasting the most talented group ever put together
Guy McKenna needs to focus on the Forward Line
There is absolutely no system, plan, method or co ordination in the forward 50
Roos had a game plan for scoring
But Bluey once again had no plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicholls has really let himself down today. :( Two stupid frees he has given away in the forward 50.
Only Ruckman
Need to rotate
Good tap to swallow for game winner
But Yes needs to improve and stop giving away stupid free kicks that lead to goals.

A win that feels like a loss
We beat them by 60 last year
Yes they have improved , but shouldn't we have improved more?

I'm not sure Lemmens is in our best 22
Luke Russell needs to grab his chances, because when you're a fringe player they don't come around too often
Greg Broughton played a ripper
Realistically we should have been 50 up at half-time

You don't generate 31 scoring shots with no game plan. Bluey isn't to blame here. We also took a heap of marks in the forward 50. Forwards coming on.

Just couldn't kick straight, which was disappointing.

Definitely needs improved. Maybe the forwards were just out of practice from having no scoring shots last week? :D

Got the four points. Take the lessons and we move on.

A win that feels like a loss
We beat them by 60 last year
Yes they have improved , but shouldn't we have improved more?

I'm not sure Lemmens is in our best 22
Luke Russell needs to grab his chances, because when you're a fringe player they don't come around too often
Greg Broughton played a ripper
Realistically we should have been 50 up at half-time
Not only is the coach drastically more experienced on their side, they have virtually a completely different side. Definitely a different midfield. With two forwards in form, unlike last year where they had no midfield and no forwards. We are also missing a few very handy players from last year. Brown, Bennell, Zac and possibly more.

Melbourne last year when we played them was a VFL standard side. Now they are an AFL side. It's a huge, huge difference.

He tried hard, really needs more game time. Looks like he has no confidence at the moment, but was good defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back